Stephen Ireland

He was pretty poor today, passing was off, however he clearly was nowhere near fit. Although his goal was quality and even though he didn't cover every blade of grass like he usually does he still put in more effort than most of them.

I'm not Elano's biggest fan but he should have definitely played today, Ireland needed to be rested after his injury and the game was crying out for Elano.

Going back to the original post though, it is clear to me that Stevie loves this club and I hope he stays around and keeps up his world class performances that we have seen this season for a very, very long time.

Without Ireland City would have been relegated, FACT! Okey maybe not but just think about it, how would this season be without superman? Not only has he been great this season, I think we have ALOT to thank him for. Great guy :)

pigonthewall said:
Ireland was class today but how long will he put up with mediocre players before seeking other oportunities at more succesful hungry clubs!

That would be my worst 'City" nightmare. Whether you think its OTT i don't care but I actually think he's one of the best midfielders in the world. Today he didn't look fully fit and I suspect that ankle is still giving him trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.