Stephen Ireland...

mcfc83

What's gone on with him, looking cracking for a bit but now this football predictions blog reckons he's on the move again. Just a case of not getting on with Houlier or has his attitude/ability gone after his little spell in the wilderness with us?

Apparently he's being played out of position, or he's tired, or homesick, or his goldfish are ill, or he isn't the centre of attention. One of those anyway.

One of the tragedies of the modern game. Three or four years ago I thought Stephen Ireland would have been our main midfielder for the rest of his days. Best passer in the club at the time, or so I thought, could score cracking goals, knew how to tackle, got stuck in, and then it all went tits upsy. I fancy that not even Superman could put his finger on why he's plummeted to this position.

Always said he would be a one-season wonder, and thats what he was. I never saw the potential for him to be a great in the game. The signs were there when he invented people dying just to have time off, and whilst I know one of those occasions were to get over a miscarriage of a baby, the other time wasn't. I think Ireland is a classic case of too much, too soon and a loss of appetite for the game occurring because of that wealth. Shame really, but there you go.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
One of the tragedies of the modern game. Three or four years ago I thought Stephen Ireland would have been our main midfielder for the rest of his days. Best passer in the club at the time, or so I thought, could score cracking goals, knew how to tackle, got stuck in, and then it all went tits upsy. I fancy that not even Superman could put his finger on why he's plummeted to this position.
Spot on mate just watched his goal against reading on O.S. how can a player go so wrong so quickly, still say that night he was took ill on field and the hospital couldn't find anything wrong with him has something to do with it, he's never been same player since.

pedigreeblue said:
dref619 said:
hes a twat, thats what his problem is, i hope he rots

Maybe his problem is getting his head around playing infront of morons like you...

Like Frankie Boyle said about the England players in South Africa being 'under pressure'

'If three of them can tag team a teenage hairdresser whilst someone films it on their mobile they shouldn't be affected by pressure! I can't even piss when the cat comes into the bathroom!'

Personally I couldn't give a toss about Stephen Ireland - he doesn't play for us anymore and he lost any respect he may have had when he started gobbing off. Had he retained some dignity I'd have had more time for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.