Stephen Ireland...

It is obivious there is a split in the Villa dressing room. Houillier wants to get rid of a lot of his players the reason why O Neill left in the first place no money and Villa will be selling a number of players. I will expect in the next 6 months Young will move on. Also along with Dunne and Ireland in this window. Dunne has had a huge falling out with Houillier and him and Ireland seem to be close but Houllier signings in Pires shows what way they are going Villa will struggle with him as there manager for years to come. O Neill did a great job there and now Houillier is ruining it in the space of 6 months.

It's really odd how his performance levels increased ten fold in the season he "retired" from International Football. Maybe he thought he had something to prove or justify?

Or maybe, as my thought has always been, he played his best football alongside Elano - who could pick out his runs and make Ireland look twice the player he is. As soon as Elano left, Ireland pretty much did the same!

It's a shame but I wouldn't write him off yet, he's still got 8 or so seasons left in him yet.

leighton said:
O Neill did a great job there and now Houillier is ruining it in the space of 6 months.

Alot of people were critical of O'Neill despite Villa's success under him. 6th, semi finals of the FA Cup and final of the Carling Cup last season. I think he should still be at Villa. Other Managers have had to put up with losing their best Players and he should be no exception.

Ireland's got one more move left, IMHO. Fulham, Sunderland, Everton etc. If he fucks that one up then he'll dwindle and disappear somewhere irrelevant.

I think the problem is all in his head.

He should zip-off to somewhere like Swindon Town for a couple of seasons, re-find himself, regain his self-belief, regain his self-esteem and re-build his reputation on the pitch.

There's a half decent mid-table premier league player in there somewhere, capable of flashes of magic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.