Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Fantastic news. But I can’t shake this premonition of hearing rags chanting “What a waste of money” at him on Sunday. Hopefully because he’s just missed an empty net tap in which means a 6-0 win instead of 7-0.

Irrespective of his reported wage, he must be the most under-appreciated player in the game.

If he were playing for one of the other ‘big’ sides, he’d be rightly regarded as one of the best wingers/forwards in the world.

His basic won't be 300k a week so ignore the media all saying that,at one time every player we brought was 50 million quid,they just pick a number and all stick to it,i'm delighted another young player is prepared to spend a large part of their time with us,this will be 8 yrs or there abouts for him if he does do the length of his contract

My sole derogatory remark about Sterling has been his lack of technical ability...ball control, finishing, kinesthetic sense...not that he has scored one of five attempts on a regular basis, usually from inside the 6 yard box, and occasionally from a bit further out.

Last season, he scored a basketful, to be certain, but how many did he miss? Is there another player in the country who EVERYONE thinks will not score on a one on one breakaway against the keeper? Sterling is looking for the type of contract that others have earned by their years of consistent, world class, performances. I don’t think he has done that. Rather, he had the season of his life in a team that laid on AT LEAST FOUR TIMES the goal scoring chances he actually put away, and broke team records that may never be bettered. In short, he had a good season.

I don’t think that warrants the type of contract City’s top, top players currently enjoy, mostly in the twilight of their careers.
I mean kinesthetic sense-suppose he had none for the pen on Wednesday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.