Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

That's the point. nobody knows how Sterling feels. He's left all this to his agent.

Sadly, players tend to listen to what their agents tell them most of the time.

The agent is doing his job and City will do what's right for us.

I get that mate, just having a dig at the Telegraph article writer who came to the conclusion that Sterling fears his performances at World Cup cost him.

Ward has been commenting off record for months.

The threat to sell him next summer is presently coming out of America apparently.

I agree, he is posturing and the way he does business is not ideal. The rumour that we may sell will be club policy , replying threat with threat.

Problem is none of the giants of European Football will be willing to buy him , anyone in the premier would be a step down.

Let us hope he signs and we avoid the confrontation.

Last edited:
He`s 23 ffs. If he improved his finishing, he could be a Balon d`Or contender. Salah became a deadly finisher at 25, the same could happen to Sterling
Salah has always had a technical ability Sterling just hasn't got. He's also not world class IMO. He if does what he did last season for another 2 then I will agree.

I would love to be proved wrong about Sterling just don't think I will

Salah has always had a technical ability Sterling just hasn't got. He's also not world class IMO. He if does what he did last season for another 2 then I will agree.

I would love to be proved wrong about Sterling just don't think I will

I don't think anyone thinks they are going to be proved wrong. Even if they say they would love to be proved wrong.

I hope I am wrong.

Good post. Suppose we would find ourselves in a bit of a Liverpool situation if a top player suddenly thinks the grass is greener and can still realise £70m plus for any of our guys to replace with sufficient quality. For me, Mahrez is a steal in that regard.

As the squad stands, unless you sell crown jewels such as Sane or De Bruyne, which just ain't happening, you move to the next tier down and it's players such as Sterling who bring in the dough.

Getting no money for Sergio, like Yaya, could ultimately come back to bite us on the arse at some point in the future.

Mbappe turning us down twice was a killer :(

Even though Sterling won us at least 6 games with late goals & banged in goals & lots of assists he still missed far to many chances & final balls.

He is a top player who frustrates the life out of you yet we all want him to do well even for England we all back him either in work or in the pub but we all know deep inside he isn't that World class player we require.

When you look at KDB, Silva & Aguero you know we will always talk about them how fucking good they play & how we don't want them ever to leave yet Sterling isn't that IMO.

Sane is going to be one of the best in World football 100% you can see that but for me Sterling ain't.

If this contract saga goes on over the Summer then we get shut, Mahrez is going to shine in this current team with a manager who can take him to the next level.

We now have 2 natural wingers who can play either side & both feet.

We currently have £50m burning a hole in the pockets of Tixi + what we have already sold on.

If the Pjanic rumours are true then him & Mahrez + the youngsters will be a good Summer for us.

Please don't fire that loaded finger at me it's only my opinion I don't want Sterling to go he is a fine player & home grown.

PS If he goes would we sign Zaha????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.