Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

The more he plays for England the less he can ask for. Just as his reputation was being restored along came the World Cup. If he were to get greedy which I can’t see none of the elite would be willing to pay him top top dollar. His worth has reduced after two games of football.

You were doing so well till you went with sunday league player again,gossip is saying what he is demanding,gossip that puts the kid down as being a greedy **** like he was at the dippers which turned out to be nonsense,kev is older so raz is not at his level of contract and won't be demanding it i'm sure

Trust me, I’ve played Sunday League football, I’m not lying, plenty of players would have put away many of the open-nets he’s missed even at lower age football. Same with Navas, world class everywhere on the pitch but more often than not, woeful in front of goal. Sterling’s got better this season in front of goal and if he keeps his head down and converts more of the easy ones then we wouldn’t be having this debate. But until then, he needs to keep his head down, realise how good he has it at City and take what’s on the table.

The more he plays for England the less he can ask for. Just as his reputation was being restored along came the World Cup. If he were to get greedy which I can’t see none of the elite would be willing to pay him top top dollar. His worth has reduced after two games of football.

I don't know abt that mate , The longer he runs his contract down he knows he will get top dollar anywhere else, and even City in the end would have to cave in and pay him than risk losing him for fuckall. Personally i think he'll sign a new extension with a decent rise.

The same bracket i would think,probably not exactly to the penny,i think it was Simon Mullock that explained the contracts a while ago,vinny,kev,yaya,sergio and dinho are our seniors now,not yaya now obs

Sorry. I think think the likes of Kun and KDB will be on far better than Kompany and Fern.

I don't know abt that mate , The longer he runs his contract down he knows he will get top dollar anywhere else, and even City in the end would have to cave in and pay him than risk losing him for fuckall. Personally i think he'll sign a new extension with a decent rise.

I’m talking more elite level his pay rise will be very good but his stock has fallen somewhat. Last season he looked like he had started to rectify his glaring weakness. The end of the season and the England games have brought it back. Which is the real Sterling? He is like a streaky putter in golf he had a purple patch and we thought he may have cracked it but the yips are back with a vengeance. Must drive him nuts.

Of course it matters what he does for England hence why his agent said he'll wait until after the Penalty Cup. But that aside, he doesn't know his value for City because he's nowhere near KDB's level and City have rightly put him right on that. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but there's a reason we're after another right-winger and that's because he's far too inconsistent. At his best, he's up there with the very best in the world and at his worst, he's worse than Sunday League level. If he was as good as KDB, would Pep have dropped him towards the end of last season? No. If he was at KDB level, would he have been dropped from our biggest game of last season? No. That sad, I hope we keep him but I trust Pep's opinion as to his value much more than Aidy Ward's.
Good post, Im not sure he's sometimes sunday league level but maybe A league level :)
Other than that I agree with everything you wrote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.