Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

His agent stalled the new contract talks until after the world cup hoping he would improve his bargaining position by having a great world cup. well he didn't, so no pay rise.he should be thankful for what he's got at city.

I doubt that. He's a much better player than he was when he signed the last one.

In the twilight of your brief career, money is about the ONLY thing that keeps you doing the work needed to be able to compete on a high level. Many of these players see China as that, possibly before you see it for them. It’s amazing how well you sleep when your bank account goes from 7 figures to 8, or 8 to 9.
Fair enough, never having had a 7 figure bank account I guess I'm just naive to it.

For fuck’s sake, I’ve only just put away the pitchforks from his World Cup... back out they come.

£170,000/wk for a work in progress, but he’s not sure it’s enough?!

I’m not one to spout paychecks, because it’s what the market will bear, and you are only as good as what you did yesterday, but it beggars belief that he (or his advisors) think they can get that kind of dosh anywhere else, or that he is Silva, Aguero, KDB level...at the moment. What he needs is an incentivized 4 year deal with stepped up pay that rewards continued improvement. Giving ANY player a fat new multi year deal based on the one time, best season of his life, is not prudent.

Agree 100% that he's not at the level of our top earners at the moment but not surprised his agent is going in as high as he can, hopefully a middle ground can be reached.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.