Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien10 said:
Done deal.

19164309.cms

Caveman said:
Another terrible article from the Rag bias media, Daily Fail at it again
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2365254/Stevan-Jovetic-join-Manchester-City-kind-player-he.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... er-he.html</a>

;D

Now do I want to link to that and give em hits ??? er.no.

Damien10 said:
MCFC BOB said:
richards30 said:
guess? assumption?
Considering he said Thiago was staying at Barcelona three days before he signed for Bayern, I wouldn't trust a word he says.
That was my opinion, and the fact i know how much Thiago loves Barcelona. Thiago will in my opinion play for Barcelona again. Pep was the key to his move to Bayern.

PS i don't claim to be 'ITK'
You don't have to claim to be ITK if you act like you are.

What you've done is make an assumption on a fairly likely event in the hope that when it does happen, you can take credit for having knowledge of the event prior to its release in the press. You're just like the rest of us.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pigeonho said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
You are Mr Pigeonho are guaranteed to be all over the low hanging 'no agenda' fruit. Somewhat less conspicuous when it comes to stuff like this though perhaps.......

"Champion whingers: Pampered Man City stars ask church by Austrian training camp to stop ringing its bells... because the chimes are disturbing their beauty sleep"
Church bells in Seefeld ordered to stop chiming at 7am so stars can sleep

Players have Rome-designed mattresses and blankets that cost £1,000 each

Bottled water from England and fresh fish has been flown in every two days
Hotel staff must arrange the condiments on the dining tables a specific way

By Alex Ward

PUBLISHED:12:09, 10 July 2012| UPDATED:15:55, 10 July 2012

The full article is well documented on this site........
Reminded me instantly on a piece in the Mail a few years ago when they did a report on how pampered United players are, with a guy available to change their light bulb, if required.

Course, no one actually cares about a footballer being pampered, so it's neither positive or negative - it's just nothing.

Hmmm, I took the liberty of googling the tale of which you speak (it was the Telegraph, not the Fail) and have set it out below. Based on a quote from Patrice Evra, it is, bar the last 2 lines, about 10 times less spiteful than the Fail's hatchet job described above, which is additionally but one of many.....

'The 28-year-old Frenchman (Evra) said his every whim was taken care of by the club's staff to ensure he can concentrate on his game.
Barry Moorhouse, the player liaison manager, presides over a team who are available 24 hours a day to have cars fixed, Jacuzzis repaired and domestic chores performed.
Evra, who lives in a £3 million mansion in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, told the Daily Mirror: “This club is a big family because everybody works together. You can ask Barry anything. When you have a problem with your car, the Jacuzzi or the light, he is there.
“When you see people like this you want to make them happy and win.”
Mr Moorhouse delights in his role, and was quoted saying: "Some people describe me as a Jim’ll Fix It.”
A club source told the Sun newspaper: "Barry and his team can arrange virtually anything - new car, new house, you name it.
"The manager wants players to concentrate on football, but some requests are ridiculous. They're pampered, they live in a bubble.
"Some wouldn't know how to change a lightbulb. And if Wags need something they are helped too. They're all treated better than the Royal Family
."'

As to the assertion that because no-one cares about pampered football players, the Fail's article cannot be described as positive or negative, that's scoffworthy stuff. Up there with if a bomb goes off in the woods and no-one hears it, does it make a sound, in terms of its spuriousness. It's about as overtly negative as you can get

-- Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:13 am --

BringBackSwales said:
larderland said:
So if we dont have everything finished by Friday he joins back up with fiorentina? fucking joke if we don't get this done by Friday,

Hurry up!!!

have the school holidays started? How the fuck do you know that it is "a fucking joke", you don't have a clue what is going on in the negotiations - or maybe we should fuck all of our senior management off and employ you? City manage things properly, we only announce signings when they are 100% completed, that is the proper way of doing things, not like the scum who brief the media about targets they were never going to buy in the first please. Get a fucking grip

+1
jim'll Fix it, hey???

Madsen said:
Negredo and Jojo will be announced at the same time. The deals are "done". We just need to do the last official part.

Jojo ?? fucking Jojo..??you can fucking cut that out for a start!!

fucking Jojo..

I prefer Titch..

MCFC BOB said:
Damien10 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Considering he said Thiago was staying at Barcelona three days before he signed for Bayern, I wouldn't trust a word he says.
That was my opinion, and the fact i know how much Thiago loves Barcelona. Thiago will in my opinion play for Barcelona again. Pep was the key to his move to Bayern.

PS i don't claim to be 'ITK'
You don't have to claim to be ITK if you act like you are.

What you've done is make an assumption on a fairly likely event in the hope that when it does happen, you can take credit for having knowledge of the event prior to its release in the press. You're just like the rest of us.
Of course.

samharris said:
Caveman said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2365254/Stevan-Jovetic-join-Manchester-City-kind-player-he.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... er-he.html</a>

;D

Taken the liberty to do it myself.

He's skilful like Cazorla and scores goals like Baggio... Jovetic will be a hit at City

Manchester City hope to wrap up a deal for Stevan Jovetic worth £28million in the next 24 hours.

It is understood that City have agreed an initial fee of £23m with Fiorentina and it could rise by £5m in bonus payments.

Here, Sportsmail runs the rule over the Montenegrin.

It’s been a bit of a long-running saga, hasn’t it?

City have been linked with him since March, when Roberto Mancini was still in charge, and Manuel Pellegrini’s need to wrap up a deal has been exacerbated by the departure of Carlos Tevez. The move, should it go ahead, will be particularly galling for Arsene Wenger as the Arsenal manager has tailed him for months but ultimately couldn’t match City’s financial clout. Jose Mourinho was also an admirer, as were Juventus.

Tell us more about him.

He’s a young forward – 24 in November – but has stacks of experience. His first club, Partizan Belgrade, made him their youngest ever captain when he was just 18 after Antonio Rukavina joined Borussia Dortmund in January 2008. Later that year he signed for Fiorentina for a reported fee of £8m.

What does he bring to the team? His goal scoring stats are not sensational.

No. He scored 13 in 34 games for Fiorentina in all competitions last season and 14 in 29 the year before. But he’s about far more than goals. His preferred position is just behind the striker, but he did play as the leading man for Fiorentina in Luca Toni’s absence. His touch and eye for a pass are said to be first class and he is brilliant with either foot, much like Santi Cazorla at Arsenal. Other comparisons have been made with Roberto Baggio and Gianfranco Zola, but at 6ft 1in he also has a physical edge to his game. At international level, he has 27 caps for Montenegro and has scored 10 goals. He was part of the side that held England to a costly 1-1 draw in a World Cup qualifier in March.

What else do people say about him?

In Italy his nickname is Jo Jo, but the fans and media also once labeled him Brian May, after the Queen guitarist with the big hair. His style seems to have changed since then. In 2009, the then Montenegro boss Dejan Savicevic was asked to compare Jovetic to himself and he said: ‘He is utterly fearless and I don't see a limit to his potential. Is he the new Savicevic? No, he can be even better. He reminds me of Johan Cruyff.’

Are there any question marks over him?

Despite his height, there have been doubts about his ability in the air and it’ s worth keeping in mind that he missed the 2010-11 season after rupturing the cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Would his signing mean the end of a move for Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla?

No. They are both targets for Pellegrini in their own right and it’s understood that the Chilean still wants Negredo, though that move is looking a little shaky after Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido said there is only a ‘one per cent’ chance of a deal happening.

Mëtal Bikër said:
samharris said:
Caveman said:

;D

He's skilful like Cazorla and scores goals like Baggio... Jovetic will be a hit at City

Manchester City hope to wrap up a deal for Stevan Jovetic worth £28million in the next 24 hours.

It is understood that City have agreed an initial fee of £23m with Fiorentina and it could rise by £5m in bonus payments.

City have been linked with him since March, when Roberto Mancini was still in charge, and Manuel Pellegrini’s need to wrap up a deal has been exacerbated by the departure of Carlos Tevez. The move, should it go ahead, will be particularly galling for Arsene Wenger as the Arsenal manager has tailed him for months but ultimately couldn’t match City’s financial clout. Jose Mourinho was also an admirer, as were Juventus.

Tell us more about him.

He’s a young forward – 24 in November – but has stacks of experience. His first club, Partizan Belgrade, made him their youngest ever captain when he was just 18 after Antonio Rukavina joined Borussia Dortmund in January 2008. Later that year he signed for Fiorentina for a reported fee of £8m.

No. He scored 13 in 34 games for Fiorentina in all competitions last season and 14 in 29 the year before. But he’s about far more than goals. His preferred position is just behind the striker, but he did play as the leading man for Fiorentina in Luca Toni’s absence. His touch and eye for a pass are said to be first class and he is brilliant with either foot, much like Santi Cazorla at Arsenal. Other comparisons have been made with Roberto Baggio and Gianfranco Zola, but at 6ft 1in he also has a physical edge to his game. At international level, he has 27 caps for Montenegro and has scored 10 goals. He was part of the side that held England to a costly 1-1 draw in a World Cup qualifier in March.

In Italy his nickname is Jo Jo, but the fans and media also once labeled him Brian May, after the Queen guitarist with the big hair. His style seems to have changed since then. In 2009, the then Montenegro boss Dejan Savicevic was asked to compare Jovetic to himself and he said: ‘He is utterly fearless and I don't see a limit to his potential. Is he the new Savicevic? No, he can be even better. He reminds me of Johan Cruyff.’

Despite his height, there have been doubts about his ability in the air and it’ s worth keeping in mind that he missed the 2010-11 season after rupturing the cruciate ligament in his right knee.

No. They are both targets for Pellegrini in their own right and it’s understood that the Chilean still wants Negredo, though that move is looking a little shaky after Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido said there is only a ‘one per cent’ chance of a deal happening.

Ta fella.

samharris said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
samharris said:

Tell us more about him.

Ta fella.

They missed off the last question

Is he as good as Wellbeck ?

No way Wellbeck craps all over him ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.