Steve McManaman Commentary

mancmackem

Great commentary today on ESPN. Very fair, unbiased, the only commentary i've left on throughout the whole game.

Breath of fresh air from the likes of Tony Gale!

Ye i agree, a million times better than that twat Tony Gayle! Not everything he said was pro city by any stretch of the imagination but it was all fair and he had no agenda which is refreshing to hear!

TFC said:
Apart from the couple of times he nearly called us Manchester U_____....daft fucker, you used to play for us FFS!

:D

Haha aye, but to be fair to him he did apologise.

Someone like him on the Soccer Saturday panel may draw me back to pre match Sky Sports.

TFC said:
Apart from the couple of times he nearly called us Manchester U_____....daft fucker, you used to play for us FFS!

:D

To be fair to him, his performances for City were that pointless and insignificant that he's probably completely forgotten about the two seasons he spent with us. I only wish I could say the same.

He was slagging Yaya for wearing a snood, a second later Yaya rifles one in the top corner!.....Thank fuck we haven't got wasters like him at the club anymore.....lost the stream and ended up with a fuckin daft Jock (Davie Provan ?) for the final 5 minutes who was having a good moan at us!

I thought this was going to be a thread lamenting the commentator and I clicked on it to disagree. Was pleasantly surprised. Very unbiased, very fair.

A bit stupid of him to ask the question why all players of Saharan African descent had snoods on during December in Britain, but apart from that, he was good. I'd listen to him on Sky Sports.

You know that feeling when you've spent some time in a dark room and then you open the door and experience harsh sunlight? Its disorientating and take time to adjust.
Well thats how I felt today listening to the stream with Macca co-commentating.

He was by no means lenient on us - he criticized Balotelli, and took the piss out of Yaya for wearing a snood, and intimated that he'd wanted to see an upset today......

.......but overall he was fair.

Fair. Its such an ordinary, straightforward word and yet I just wrote it in utter amazement!!!

I was actually beginning to become accustomed to Gale, Taylor et al consistently slagging us off throughout games. It was starting to feel normal to watch my team whilst having to tune out the constant pollution of biased hatred towards us.

Now Macca has reminded me of how it is for other supporters.
He has reminded me today of what is normal.

The other one called our squad bloated, Yaya 's second goal lucky and probably an own goal, declared that since Fergie condemned snoods they must be bad etc et etc etc - utter Tartan/US bias from start to finish

I too was impressed with MacPointalot.

He is a much better commentator than he was a player for us.

Though that's not saying much :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.