Steven Fletcher

LoveCity

Is there a better British striker right now? It makes me laugh that he doesn't play for Scotland because of some stubborn dispute with Levein when Scotland are really poor up front. If he was English I reckon he'd be starting for our national team now. 5 goals in 4 games this season and suddenly the inflated £14million price tag doesn't seem so crazy. His goal scoring at Wolves wasn't bad but with improved service at Sunderland he is scoring for fun.

We have to be careful against him next weekend especially as Sunderland are a bogey team of ours. Apparently he scored twice against us at Burnley (including that memorable 6-1 game where the pitch turned into a swamp) but neither times he played against us for Wolves.

Always been a fan of Fletcher, even when he wasn't that prolific. More to his game than goals too. I think he's a player that can get you 15 goals a season, a few assists and can hold the ball up well and even defend if need be. Their best striker since Quinn and phillips. Bruce blew some money on awful players

Cracking start to the season for him. Can he keep it up for the full season though?

I mentioned signing him last season and was laughed off here. He has scored goals everywhere he has been, always at teams fighting relegation. I would swap him for Balo today.

An instinctive finisher who makes the correct runs and seems able to anticipate where the ball might end up. It will be interesting to see if he can finish with 20+ this year, as his tallies with poorer teams have been excellent. Scotland create so few scoring opportunities that his absence is sad but probably not significant come the reckoning.

istillovemikeriley said:
Francis Rizzo said:
I mentioned signing him last season and was laughed off here. He has scored goals everywhere he has been, always at teams fighting relegation. I would swap him for Balo today.

Jesus christ.....surely a wind up.

Not at all mate, the stats will tell the story at the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.