Stevie G Bid imminent?

I've just put this on another Gerrard thread.

The madness has started. There's a story in the Mirror today linking him with us for £40m. That's a ridiculous price for a 30 year old, However if we won the title, the coverage that would bring along with CL football, the owners would probably consider it money well spent!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
rickmcfc said:
please god not gerrard.

Hope this is just another pile of dogshite. We do not want that cheating, diving, dodgy, thug playing for MCFC. There are better players and better people out there who would bring honour and dignity to their profression.

if i see gerrard ( one of the most over hyped players to play in the premier league) wearing a city shirt i will be gutted

Obviously he is a great player, and as money isn't really a part of the equation for our owners... it would be a fantastic deal, just the midfield dominator we miss so dearly.

BUT... it would feel really awkward seeing Gerrard run around in anything but a Liverpool shirt, and I for one don't think there is anything in this "rumour".

The Mirror dont always get it wrong, I remember a few years back when we signed Tricky Trev Sinclair, it was the Mirror a good 4/5 days before he joined and there'd been nothing on Sky etc.

As for Gerrard, better than Lampard imo, always has been and whether you like him or not, he's one of the best to grace the Premier League. Yes he can cheat and moan and moan and cheat, but he's scouse. Fact of the matter is he's a brilliant footballer, distribution, assists, creativity, defending, goals and of course the ability to just change a game in an instant, ala Olympiakos 04/05 and West Ham in the Cup Final in 06. I'd consider dropping the price to 30m personally, but this would an amazing signing, whatever people may say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.