Stevie G Bid imminent?

There are 4 parties at play though

- City
- Liverpool
- Benitez
- Gerrard

I'll only get excited if it is two of the parties other than ourselves.

Ntini77 said:
waspish said:
I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for him he's 31 now and we'll be lucky to get 2 good years out of him, like we did with Steve McMahon who cost us 1/2 million what a bargain he was.

He's 29.

yeah ur right he'll be 30 end of month vo. still stick with my price of him

waspish said:
Ntini77 said:

yeah ur right he'll be 30 end of month vo. still stick with my price of him

I think we will defo have to pay more than that mate, but even if we only got 2 years out of him (personally think it would be longer) and IF in that time we established ourselves as title challengers and Champs League entrants etc then it would be money very well spent imo

sam221985 said:
Ntini77 said:
I agree, think he'll go to Madrid anyways.

Madrid can get better, and would be prepared to pay less money. No way they'd pay £40 million.

They already have top quality central midfielders too.

While I dont think hell end up coming here, Madrid have absolutely no need for him. Central Midfield currently includes, Guti, Gago, Kaka, Diarra, Diarra, Van Der Vaart and Xabi Alonso.

Bazzmand Show said:
sam221985 said:
Madrid can get better, and would be prepared to pay less money. No way they'd pay £40 million.

They already have top quality central midfielders too.

While I dont think hell end up coming here, Madrid have absolutely no need for him. Central Midfield currently includes, Guti, Gago, Kaka, Diarra, Diarra, Van Der Vaart and Xabi Alonso.

At least 3 of those will leave.

Madrids midfield options are just "OK" at the moment in all honesty. I can see them going all out for Gerrard, partly because he reunites the Liverpool axis that they built from.

Guti - old, should be leaving in the summer
Gago - not good enough for Madrid
M Diarra - barely played in the last two years due to injuries, surpassed by dolphin head
L Diarra - quality, but a different kind of player to Gerrard
Alonso - lacks the drive Gerrard does, but would compliment him nicely
vDV - again, just not on Gerrards level

Personally I think we will make a bid for him (gerrard) but i think he may be off to spain.

however what do you guys think about maybe we should try and lure Joe |Cole over as we would get him on a free and we can afford to pay his wage demands?? that would be a massive bargain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.