Stevie Ireland

city should pay Ireland £1.2m to get rid and sort out the milner deal. If believed in the press with the figures about cash and part ex, its expected irelands valuation at between 10 -12m so as ireland has not asked for a transfer, in normal circumstances would a player not be entitled to 10% of a transfer fee. If so then surely we should pay him this.
This is asuming we already havent.

It's a fucking disgrace what's happening to Ireland. First the smear planted in the papers by Marwood or Cook. And this morning a picture of Platt telling him to go train with the reserves. PLATT. Fucking disgusted. Meanwhile Robinho is having a relax...

I wonder if Ireland realises how lucky he is - presently, he's a poor reserve who I wouldn't want to see in the team. He's been no better than Vieira for the last 12 months.
I hear plenty on here say about what a talented player he is, but he's only shown it truly for 1 season. Shining for the reserves as a young lad counts for nothing now. He hasn't shone in preseason at all. If we are signing 'world class' players, and we have the 25 man limit as well, what are we supposed to do with him?
It's a question of internal economics and a managerial decision as to whether he is worth persevering with. Mancini's had a look at him now for 6 months and, I suspect like me, not been impressed,so, if someone has to be culled, Stevie has to go. I don't see what's not understandable about that. He/his agent are being difficult with the club and angling for the best pay off terms, and i don't blame them, but, in the end, he will be gone. He'll be remembered like lots of other journeymen through our club, and more fondly than most as he's such a likeable lad, but he's no legend.
I hope someone remembers to take down the 'Ireland is Superman' banner before Monday night.

ireland sulked all of last season, whinged that Hughes didnt play him in the right position, then didn't perform when he had the chance, now the multi millionaire wants a 2 millions pay off to leave, and he wonders why he isn't in the squad...

the blue panther said:
I wonder if Ireland realises how lucky he is - presently, he's a poor reserve who I wouldn't want to see in the team. He's been no better than Vieira for the last 12 months.
I hear plenty on here say about what a talented player he is, but he's only shown it truly for 1 season. Shining for the reserves as a young lad counts for nothing now. He hasn't shone in preseason at all. If we are signing 'world class' players, and we have the 25 man limit as well, what are we supposed to do with him?
It's a question of internal economics and a managerial decision as to whether he is worth persevering with. Mancini's had a look at him now for 6 months and, I suspect like me, not been impressed,so, if someone has to be culled, Stevie has to go. I don't see what's not understandable about that. He/his agent are being difficult with the club and angling for the best pay off terms, and i don't blame them, but, in the end, he will be gone. He'll be remembered like lots of other journeymen through our club, and more fondly than most as he's such a likeable lad, but he's no legend.
I hope someone remembers to take down the 'Ireland is Superman' banner before Monday night.

I dont think that is the issue we all accept even the most die hard Ireland fans he aont done himself any favour with his recent performances over the last 12 months and him being sold is an inevitable consequence of that - its the manner that it is being dealt with - just pay him and glets get on with the Milner deal and move on - problem solved and harmony would break out on Bluemoon til Thursday at least

dctid said:
the blue panther said:

I dont think that is the issue we all accept even the most die hard Ireland fans he aont done himself any favour with his recent performances over the last 12 months and him being sold is an inevitable consequence of that - its the manner that it is being dealt with - just pay him and glets get on with the Milner deal and move on - problem solved and harmony would break out on Bluemoon til Thursday at least

well Wednesday perhaps...

the blue panther said:

fully agree mate...........

with regards to the banner........i cant understand why it was put up in the first place....

the blue panther said:

Well if we are taking that stance then why is Vieria still part of Mancinis 25 man squad. He wont get a look in but is still keeping his place in the 25 man squad why not get rid of him aswell? Look at our midfield last year there was no stand out class preformer from the central area they all had nightmares during that season gone.

You cannot use Sporting Just Cause if you are holding out for more money. If the club proves that they found other clubs to buy/loan the player and he refused then the contract stays valid. This clause is there for extreame cases where for example a manager and a player fall out and the manager tries to hinder the players career. Ireland has been offered options which he is refusing so he cannot claim using this law.

The law also prevents wealthier clubs from just hogging all the good players and never actually playing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.