Still not sunk in

meldrew

Nothing, the fa cup win, 3rd place none of it has sunk in yet to me! I still think I'm in a dream, supported city most of my adult life and I can't grasp the fact of where we are and where we are going!

Everything is just so surreal, I'm used to winning against a big team and losing against a poor one!

Anyone else the same?

Me too mate. It's a wonderful feeling to know we are going to be pitted against the best teams in Europe and they will be coming to the coms. That champions league music next season at coms. It's all just a dream surely...

Yeah me a bit. i keep thinking we'll do a typical city and make a town halls of it. I was in a right state for the semi final, when we beat them i thought , YEESSSS then oohhh nooooo we'll bollocks this right up and lose in the final. Then i went to spurs game thinking we'd fuck it up, then i went to bolton thinking the same. Now i am almost beside myself with wonder..... has typical city finished? i just felt that so many times i have thought if we could just.... and this time on 3 or 4 consecutive occasions .. we have. OH HAPPY, HAPPY DAY !!

For the semi, I was a wreck when yaya scored and until the whistle. For the final and the game against tottenham I was fine. I think what I'm experiencing is denial or something. My mind believing that we are going to mess this up somehow!

I've just said in another thread that I still can't quite believe anything that has happened at the club over the last few years.

I've already seen many things I never ever thought I would get to see in just one season, and to think we have realistic title ambitions for next season. WHAT? Is this REALLY City we're talking about!?

Surreal is definitely the word I would use as well, this is way more than I ever expected of City. Gone are the days of just wanting a win in the derby and a top half finish. Gone are the days of relegation and it's dog fights. Gone are the days of "typical City" and here arrive the glory days for the first time in my life. A 25 year old who can now look back on the decision 15 years ago to become obsessed with all things City, with a smile that says "it was worth it to feel the elation I do now".

"Bluemoon, now I'm no longer alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own"

The more successful City will become i will be happy and sad in equal measure knowing my dad has just missed out on our succe ss and sharing it with me.wished the arabs had taken over years ago

SWSB said:
The more successful City will become i will be happy and sad in equal measure knowing my dad has just missed out on our succe ss and sharing it with me.wished the arabs had taken over years ago

I'm sure he will be glad that you get to see it though. For the blues I know that didn't get to see any success, I'm glad that as a set of fans, we always made the most of adversity and made the best of what we had. We laughed and cried then, and we will laugh and cry now!

meldrew said:
Nothing, the fa cup win, 3rd place none of it has sunk in yet to me! I still think I'm in a dream, supported city most of my adult life and I can't grasp the fact of where we are and where we are going!

Everything is just so surreal, I'm used to winning against a big team and losing against a poor one!

Anyone else the same?

Me too, I'm 29 and never thought I'd see us acheive what we have now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.