Stockport County

RBmk2 said:
I'm not a big lover of County by any means but shouldn't we be aiming our irk at those a little closer to us in the table?

I agree. They really rubbed me up the wrong way when we were playing them in the league between about 1997 and 2002. I used to have a bit of affection for them from the seventies, and I certainly don't have that any more. I wouldn't go out of my way to help them - if they had a bucket collection at a game I was attending, I wouldn't put my hand in my pocket for instance. Why should I given their attitude back then.

But actively wishing them ill? No, I just can't be bothered. I have much more pressing grudges to attend to than a team that's slowly sinking and will quite probably never be in the same league as us again.

I was born in Ardwick (the posh part) but lived most of my life in Stockport. Stockport is known for City fans. Ask the Fuckin rags they always go on about it. I say we should help the smaller teams around us out. More loans for younger players, pre-season friendlies & what ever else we can do. love to see all local teams in the prem. Then it would'nt be as crap waiting for a train. Burnley last season must have been the worse.

We had a friendly a few years ago to help them out and all the twat wanted to do was fight us
So fuck them with a bit of luck they will go to the wall this year

blue John said:
We had a friendly a few years ago to help them out and all the twat wanted to do was fight us

Was that the one where George Weah played mate ?

If so, I, like many had a bit of a soft spot for County, until that day, was supposed to be a family atmosphere, face-painting and all that kind of stuff so took my 3 kids ( as many parents did), they were only little then, couldn`t believe that so many County `fans` saw it as a chance to kick and mouth off to fans with their kids, utter sh1thouses the ones that did.

Also iirc, the match itself got pretty heated too with the ref actually asking the City staff to substitute a player ( think it was Dicky) otherwise he was going to send him off.

Really couldn`t give a f*ck about them now aswell.

DirtyHarry said:
blue John said:

Was that the one where George Weah played mate ?

If so, I, like many had a bit of a soft spot for County, until that day, was supposed to be a family atmosphere, face-painting and all that kind of stuff so took my 3 kids ( as many parents did), they were only little then, couldn`t believe that so many County `fans` saw it as a chance to kick and mouth off to fans with their kids, utter sh1thouses the ones that did.

Also iirc, the match itself got pretty heated too with the ref actually asking the City staff to substitute a player ( think it was Dicky) otherwise he was going to send him off.

Really couldn`t give a f*ck about them now aswell.
No it was after that one
It was pre-season The one that Stephen Ireland had a good season so I think that was 3 years ago

mike1923 said:
Remember when we were in Division Two and their fans were banging on about being Manchester's second biggest club behind the scum.

Isn't payback a ****? You'd almost feel sorry for them ... almost.

They were at it again yesterday.

Broth in law, who is county fan had spare season ticket so went as was a chance for a game of football and a couple of pints. Their fans spent most of the game with their "manchester is full of shite" and "manchester wank wank wank chants" instead of trying to bolster their own team.

Have to say that they look the most disorganised side i have ever seen at any level of football. Unless simpson finds some football management skills quickly then they don't have a prayer.

County are irrelevant. There´s simply no way any club close to Manchester proper can flourish with two juggernauts next door.
I suspect that County fans deep down knows this and hence the resentment, they can see the writing on the wall.
When City suffered they where on the up but with City back in the prem they struggled.

With City becoming a world power in football they face oblivion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.