Stockport County

Scruffy but beautiful town, like Manchester really. The Underbanks area will definitely get smarter now that rag pub (Winters) closed.

Have a lot of pub visiting mates in Stocky, and the town itself still the best place for a pub crawl in England (just stay clear of Edgeley).

To be fair, sounds a bit like Piccadilly Gardens these days. God but I walked across that the other day and I just thought, "What a scruffy pit this place has become”.
I grew up in Stockport and it was barely acceptable in the 80s. It saddens me when I take the old man there for a day out and he asks where are all the shops like m and s bhs woolies Debenhams have gone. I believe their even closing the central library. He still misses Sarah's restaurant crossing the merseyway near to where hmv is now.

Some of the people that walk round there are the absolute scum of the earth from thieves, pickpockets, fake beggars and little scrotes deliberately damaging stock in shops just to get a rise from the owners and the dibble.

Scruffy but beautiful town, like Manchester really. The Underbanks area will definitely get smarter now that rag pub (Winters) closed.

Have a lot of pub visiting mates in Stocky, and the town itself still the best place for a pub crawl in England (just stay clear of Edgeley).

Winters has reopened but as a resteraunt.

I agree on the edgeley side (was born there)

I grew up in Stockport and it was barely acceptable in the 80s. It saddens me when I take the old man there for a day out and he asks where are all the shops like m and s bhs woolies Debenhams have gone. I believe their even closing the central library. He still misses Sarah's restaurant crossing the merseyway near to where hmv is now.

Some of the people that walk round there are the absolute scum of the earth from thieves, pickpockets, fake beggars and little scrotes deliberately damaging stock in shops just to get a rise from the owners and the dibble.

No they are wanting to use it for something different with the building but its completely mind-blowing they are doing it

I've lived in Stockport my whole life and one thing I'll never understand is the Rags saying that Stockport it full of City fans? It's fucking overflowing with United fans. Virtually all my mates are rags, and aside from a handful of blues who I used to attend games with, most of my classmates at school were all reds too. The very same reds that also go and support Stockport County when it suits, hence why I'd rather give myself a tabasco enema than step foot in that shithole - and I live round the corner from it...

I agree about the shopping centre area. However if you go to the market area it’s great. Historic buildings, loads of pubs and quite a nice area in general. I’d knock the Mersey shopping centre down. Stockport is quite a large area, so I wouldn’t judge it solely on the shopping centre area.

Yet compared to that shithole Manchester it's the bloody Côte d'Azu, there aren't many places untouched by the pound shop apathy in the UK.

Yet compared to that shithole Manchester it's the bloody Côte d'Azu, there aren't many places untouched by the pound shop apathy in the UK.
There's pound shops everywhere, tramps, litter, intimidating scrotes, a no go area after dark. The same as everywhere else in the area except Alderley edge probably. Even Ahmeds the discount clothes supplier all kids shopped at in their teens has been demolished. There's also an underbelly of society living underneath asda and what was sainsburys as its dry and next to the mersey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.