Stoke City (a) pre-match thread

Stoke City (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched them at the weekend. Under Lambert they now try to press more and maintain a higher tempo than under Hughes, and I don't think they'll be sitting back in their box. Much of their attacking play came through Shaqiri, pulling out to the right and then either taking on the fullback or trying to find strikers in the box; Danilo at left-back for this one.

Paul Lambert (Stoke manager): "City are a fabulous team with the best manager in the world. I've been fortunate to Pep Guardiola before and I have huge respect for him. "We have to go and try to win the game on Monday. We need to take City out of their comfort zone."

Paul Lambert (Stoke manager): "City are a fabulous team with the best manager in the world. I've been fortunate to Pep Guardiola before and I have huge respect for him. "We have to go and try to win the game on Monday. We need to take City out of their comfort zone."
That’s code for boot the shit out them knowing we won’t get a card.

That’s code for boot the shit out them knowing we won’t get a card.
To be fair, from what I remember of his time at Aston Villa, they weren't really that kind of team. I think they will try to press us but we have the quality to play around it. I can see us scoring quite a few goals in this one.

Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Aguero

Danilo, Gundogan, Bernardo the replacements if Delph, Fernandinho, Sterling aren't ready.

How the fuck have two of you gone for a three goal Stoke win...

Our “dire record” at Stoke is over rated.
We’ve lost twice out of the last 9 league visits. Once in the last 8.
Granted we’ve not won there as often as we should have done but I’d have plenty of teams ahead of Stoke in the list of “bogey teams” to trouble us.
They’re shite! We’re about to win the league. If we don’t finish this game comfortable winners I’ll be amazed. 17 goals for the pay out, let’s have a few towards the total in this one! Especially if they’re not going to park a bus and will actually try to press us.

This is a must win game, we need to get those 3 wins asap., just so the players will be able to relax and enjoy the run in. I will take a 1-0 win which means we will be only 2 wins away from winning the premier league. Pep please play your strongest 11 lets get those goals in front and then make the changes, if players need resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.