Stoke City v Man City .. Opposition view

It wasnt a direct go at the poster himself not at all, in fact he seemed quite a reasonalble stoke fan. More the clubs fans attitude to hooglism as a whole

Richard said:
The only club that has warned us about expecting trouble. Does that make your fans feel good Delliah? Kindly ---- off back to League One where you belong and you can have your little play fights with Millwall fans.

There was no need for that at all. In my opinion, aside from the rags, as long as a supporter of opposition that we are playing soonish comes on in peace then there should be no problem.

He posted in good faith. What was the problem?

Delilahs said:
If some of you could answer these questions it would be appreciated, some will appear on Delilahs official blog with a link back to this forum.

Now that we are over the half way point in the season, are you happy with your current position?

We're getting to where we should be.

With the transfer window now open, do you think you will see any additions to your squad, and if so, who do you think is likely to join?

We need a top class goalkeeper so Shay Given looks a likely addition. We could also use a good central defender as we're light in that area if there are injuries. Joleon Lescott has been mooted.

What are your expectations for the season? Have they changed from day one?

I expected to finish 6-8th (preferably nearer to 6th than 8th). 6th looks like a stretch at the moment but 7th should be well within our grasp.

What team are you likely to put out against us?

Hopefully it wil be Given/Hart, Richards, Kompany, Ohuoha, Bridge, de Jong, Zabaleta, Wright-Phillips, Robinho, Ireland, Bellamy.

Any guesses on what you think the score will be?

We've been a bit wasteful around the box in the last couple of games and should have won them both more easily than we did. If we get over that then 3-1 to us. If not then could be 1-1.

Thanks in advance, and for your travelling fans, we advise you try to stay away from Stoke town centre.
I tried to find it once. There wasn't one.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.delilahs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.delilahs.co.uk</a>

C_T_I_D said:
Richard said:
The only club that has warned us about expecting trouble. Does that make your fans feel good Delliah? Kindly ---- off back to League One where you belong and you can have your little play fights with Millwall fans.

There was no need for that at all. In my opinion, aside from the rags, as long as a supporter of opposition that we are playing soonish comes on in peace then there should be no problem.

He posted in good faith. What was the problem?

Would you post on there forum asking about how we fair and how do we think were doing....seems a bit anorak to me..lets face it you dont need to be told not to go to a town centre on a matchday espcially if full of City colours.For the record im going to town centre cos i know a few of there lads from another forum.

Now that we are over the half way point in the season, are you happy with your current position?

Considering the take-over, and the arrival of robinho, obviously I expected to be in top 6-7 by now.
I think we have been quite lucky that the league has stayed so tight. But now we have the services of Bellamy, De Jong and Bridge, and Mark Hughes' formation of '2 in-front of the back 2' is in place, I think we're in the position to strive on to 6th spot. So im very happy with our position at the moment, we're on the up!

With the transfer window now open, do you think you will see any additions to your squad, and if so, who do you think is likely to join?

It's looking like Shay Given will be our new keeper. I think a last minute santa cruz deal might be tied up to. but i think that will be it until summer. I would love Tim Cahill at our club though

Not really, but I think it will just take us a bit longer this season to reach 6th/7th place.
I expected UEFA position and im still optimistic we can get it.

Given/richards/kompany/onuoha/bridge/zabaleta/de jong/ireland/SWP/robinho/bellamy

you will give us a tough game, we have won our last 2 and been solid. it will be difficult for you to break us, we have a better attacking force that can destroy weak defences with our fast breaks. i think we will sneak it. either 1-0 or 2-1 to city!

To me violence between fans should have been put away in 80's and most blues won't bother in my opinion. I mean theres always opposition fans taking a tour round Eastlands before the match and there is always nothing doing from us City fans so I don't see the problem.

I think if Stoke gave it out, they'd get it straight back but given that the police will monitor club forums I'd expect there to be a police presence because like it or lump it the Stoke fans have gained a reputation for doing so.

C_T_I_D said:
To me violence between fans should have been put away in 80's and most blues won't bother in my opinion. I mean theres always opposition fans taking a tour round Eastlands before the match and there is always nothing doing from us City fans so I don't see the problem.

I think if Stoke gave it out, they'd get it straight back but given that the police will monitor club forums I'd expect there to be a police presence because like it or lump it the Stoke fans have gained a reputation for doing so.

Its making a small comeback Millwall v Hull last week...police presence and CCTV it aint worth it but there still small mobs 0f 40 plus doing it and in the lower leagues..Fookin naughty forty lets have em..only joking before the pc brigade get on my back.

Yes.

Given. Hughes may consider he has enough quality players to get his team to where they ought to be.

Qualify for Europe. Haven't changed from day one, but have certainly changed from December.

That which was too good for Newcastle.

Only Chelsea have beaten you at home by by more than a single goal. Narrow victory for us 0-1.

dillinger, you are the only one to send me a pm, aren't you the clever one. I'm not here to argue, and the warning about the town centre is simply because we still have our fair share of absolute morons who think it's big and clever to fight other football fans, I have never ever been involved in any football related violence whatsoever and do not condone any of that kind of childish behaviour. That is left to the utter morons of whatever club they allegedly support.

To the people who have seen exactly what I was getting at, and continuing to answer the questions, I thank you.

I'll let you know now that they will start appearing on our blog later on this evening.

thanks again ;)

Stoke fans are complete c***s, they threw a bottle at me when we wre there last. Hope we trounce them and hopefully go down with Spuds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.