Stoke City v Man City .. Opposition view

robinho'sleftpeg said:
Stoke fans are complete c***s, they threw a bottle at me when we wre there last. Hope we trounce them and hopefully go down with Spuds.

How does more than 1 person throw a single bottle?

Now that we are over the half way point in the season, are you happy with your current position?
Yes. Obviously we'd all prefer to have more points in the bag, but with the way the League's going this season, how we finished last season (8 BLOODY 1!) and our superior goal difference, we should be pretty satisfied. So far...

With the transfer window now open, do you think you will see any additions to your squad, and if so, who do you think is likely to join?
The additions of Bridge, de Jong and Bellamy are quality, (certainly improvements on Ball, Gelson and Vassell!) and it looks likely that Given will join before the window closes which will give us more experience and competition for places. Santa Cruz looks less likely with Fat Sam playing hard-ball over the fee, but I'm of the opinion that he's the type of player we need to finish off the team so I'd pay the £20 Million and get him... It's not like we can't afford it and he's done well for Hughes in the past and looks like he wants to come... We'll see. There are rumours/hopes of players such as David Villa but I can't see that happening, not in this window anyway!

What are your expectations for the season? Have they changed from day one?
My pre-season hopes were for a top ten finish but since ADUG etc that was revised to 7th. We then had a mixed autumn but my hopes and expectations didn't alter, since despite being near the bottom at one stage, we were never that far off the UEFA places in terms of points. So I still think 7th is more than doable since we're now only 4 pints off Wigan and West Ham who've lost rather than gained in the window and a mere 8 points off Everton in 6th, with a game in hand. Again our goal difference is key as we will automatically be above these teams if and when we're level on points.

What team are you likely to put out against us?
Barring injuries I'll be very surprised if it isn't the same starting 11 from the bar-codes game on Wednesday...

-------------------Hart----------------

Richards---Kompany(c)---Onuoha----Bridge

-----------de Jong-----Zabaleta----------

----SWP----------Ireland-------Robinho---

-----------------Bellamy-----------------

Any guesses on what you think the score will be?
I'm really hoping for a win, obviously. But I'm more encouraged now we've got a better defensive set-up with Kompany at CB and de Jong and Zab in midfield. How we'll do against Delap's throw-ins I don't know, but with this added solidity and Richards and Bridge giving more quality on the flanks and our pacey and fluid attacking options, I think we'll do you. I'll go for 1-2 since I can see us struggling, like most, with your not-so-secret weapon, but I think we've got the fire power and will to finally add to our one away win at Sunderland back in August... I hope!

PS Sorry about some of the knob-Head comments... We ALL have them unfortunately.

For the record, I hope you stay up over Bolton, Blackburn, Spurs, Boro and Newcastle who I would LOVE, just LOVE to see go down. I don't think you will survive but hey, good luck!

It makes me vomit that the main threat a team has is a fucking throw in.

A tactic of hoping the ball bounces in the penalty area to cause confusion is about as technical as it gets.

However we are a lot tougher than I can remember us ever being. Vinny, Zabaleta and De jong, as well as Ireland dropping back. I would struggle to see any threat coming from actually playing football by Stoke so long ball and long throw it will be. Joy.

Now that we are over the half way point in the season, are you happy with your current position?

Over all yes, i am just a little apprehensive about the diffrence in points between mid and bottom table

With the transfer window now open, do you think you will see any additions to your squad, and if so, who do you think is likely to join?

Think were done shoppin for now, probably Given last one in, But this is City and we are full of surprises

No, i still expect City to stay in the top 10.

The tallest.lol

were doing well, confidence is high, 3-0 to Man City

Thanks in advance, and for your travelling fans, we advise you try to stay away from Stoke town centre
Thanks

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.delilahs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.delilahs.co.uk</a>[/quote]

Like someone else said, where exactly is Stoke town centre? Do you actually mean Hanley? Incidentally, why are you called Stoke City when you are just a cluster of five small towns without a cathedral?

lionheart said:
Like someone else said, where exactly is Stoke town centre? Do you actually mean Hanley? Incidentally, why are you called Stoke City when you are just a cluster of five small towns without a cathedral?

Good question!

mossley_blue said:
Delilahs said:
If some of you could answer these questions it would be appreciated, some will appear on Delilahs official blog with a link back to this forum.

Yes we are in a good position now to push on for the 6th spot which should put us into the Uefa Cup again next season. We could be in a better position but the 1st half of the season we have been lacking fight and passion on some occasions and with the signings of Bridge, Bellamy and De Jong we have the players who will fight for 90min and that will bring passion to win out of everyone.

With the signings of Bridge, bellamy and De Jong we have improved the quality of the squad already. I also beleive that we will sign Given and 2 others which will be a CB and a Striker.

My expectations are the same as i thought we would be top 6 and i still think that we will be come end of season.

Same team which played Newcastle.

I think the score will be 4-0 with Robinho, Ireland, Bellamy x2.

Thanks in advance, and for your travelling fans, we advise you try to stay away from Stoke town centre

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.delilahs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.delilahs.co.uk</a>

Lol prediction for the game is exactly same as mine! /tiphat!

pee dubya said:
robinho'sleftpeg said:
Stoke fans are complete c***s, they threw a bottle at me when we wre there last. Hope we trounce them and hopefully go down with Spuds.

How does more than 1 person throw a single bottle?

well after they jumped us lot there the same game. Plus when they GO down and they will they'll get half the attendences as they have this year

Stoke town centre is in Stoke where the Old ground used to be, Those coming by train will get off at Stoke and then be put on busses to the Brit, Hanley is Hanley, and not Stoke, but it is the city Centre.

Thanks lads, and I hope the decent fans enjoy the game.

Don't think we rely purely on the long throw, contrary to popular belief, we can play football as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.