Stoke end for the final

If there are any visiting Stokies around, I'm interested in a swap.

Two of us are in Block 523, your end, opposite the Royal Box. Would love to exchange with anyone who has a ticket for the Blue end and wants to be in with the Stokies.

Cheers!

Dear Rain in Spain

As suggested higher up in this loop, you should go on to the Oatcake (SCFC) site. There are certain to be a handful of Stokies who are in a similar position to you, who would be glad to swap.

Most Stokies are not John Boorman creations, I can assure you. But (even as a 50 something wimp) I wd feel about as comfortable sitting in the MCFC end as you might in the Stoke end. A shame, but nevertheless a fact.

Funnily enough, the last time I saw Stoke at Man City was for a cup tie (Round 4?) at Maine Rd in about 1973-74 (no doubt there will be people with better memories, or who can be bothered to google it). We were sitting in the corner stand to the left and oppoosite if you were standing on the Kippax. I do not think there was any segregation in those days and it certainly felt uncomfortable, altho that may have been teenage paranoia. You won 3-2. Greenhoff (J) scored our goals, and I suspect your team included Marsh, Lee, Summerbee, Doyle, Book (?), Corrigan - and possibly even Bell.

Straightouttahampton said:
Dear Rain in Spain

As suggested higher up in this loop, you should go on to the Oatcake (SCFC) site. There are certain to be a handful of Stokies who are in a similar position to you, who would be glad to swap.

Most Stokies are not John Boorman creations, I can assure you. But (even as a 50 something wimp) I wd feel about as comfortable sitting in the MCFC end as you might in the Stoke end. A shame, but nevertheless a fact.

Funnily enough, the last time I saw Stoke at Man City was for a cup tie (Round 4?) at Maine Rd in about 1973-74 (no doubt there will be people with better memories, or who can be bothered to google it). We were sitting in the corner stand to the left and oppoosite if you were standing on the Kippax. I do not think there was any segregation in those days and it certainly felt uncomfortable, altho that may have been teenage paranoia. You won 3-2. Greenhoff (J) scored our goals, and I suspect your team included Marsh, Lee, Summerbee, Doyle, Book (?), Corrigan - and possibly even Bell.

I've tried to register but they are not taking any new members at the moment.

I was there for that game nearly forty years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.