Stoke

LoveCity said:
blackastrasal said:
think they will have a few players out

Only Whelan and Wilkinson are out I think and Whelan is now replaced by a much better player - Palacios.
Shawcross suspended too

Someone said Stoke are one-dimensional. Presumably they mean the set pieces but they have quality in Etherington and Pennant. They also have a fair few useful forwards. Difficult team to break down

Don't understand how Ricardo Fuller has slipped down the pecking order, he terrorised us in those FA Cup ties a couple of years back.

Marvin said:
Shawcross suspended too

Good news that, I quite rate him even though he's a dirty b@stard. He's definitely better than the one the rags opted to keep, Evans. But even without him they still have Huth and Woodgate as a decent back two... I forsee a fairly difficult match but think we will win - it's the away game at the Britannia that scares me more, no top team can seem to take 3pts from there this season! Chelsea, United, Spurs (in 2 competitions), and the Dippers have failed so far, yet Newcastle and QPR beat them there... typical game-raising team.

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:
Shawcross suspended too
Good news that, I quite rate him even though he's a dirty b@stard. He's definitely better than the one the rags opted to keep, Evans. But even without him they still have Huth and Woodgate as a decent back two... I forsee a fairly difficult match but think we will win - it's the away game at the Britannia that scares me more, no top team can seem to take 3pts from there this season! Chelsea, United, Spurs (in 2 competitions), and the Dippers have failed so far, yet Newcastle and QPR beat them there... typical game-raising team.

Not sure it is a question of raising their game, but having to change tactics against the so called "lesser" teams, to a game that does not suit them as well.
If we go out and play at our high tempo one touch football I can see us scoring a hatful, though if we allow them to unsettle us with their well disciplined aggressive game then they will cause us problems.
They certainly play to their strengths and while it is not the prettiest football to watch, they deserve credit for punching above their weight by using tactics that suit their players.

I have a lot of time for Stoke. They play to their strengths and don't fall over for anyone. Much respect for their fans after the final last May. It wasn't that long ago when we would have loved to play football like they do . . . . . 10 league goals at home all year under Pearce comes to mind. Having said that I expect us to win rather handily in the end on Wednesday. 0-0 at the half, 2 or 3-0 FT. And as has been said I think the away match at the Britannia will be one of our toughest fixtures all season. Says a lot about their team.

Blue Haze said:
4 wins in a row for them, 8th place despite coping with the Europa League. And managed to get past the group stages too.

Say what you want about their style of play, they don't bend over for the likes of Ferguson and Chelsea, and they win.

City will win.. definitly..

Who is that Shotton(?) geezer who takes their long throw-ins when Rory Delap is not playing? Why can't we use the same tactic once in a while? It caused the Spuds all kinds of problems the other night.

i like stoke and i think pulis is a great manager,no bullshit from him and none of this oh we`re playing too many games and none of the tired from playing in europe bollocks either,a decent bloke and an honest manager,they play to their strengths and some pundits and other managers don`t like it...

i expect a very tough game on wednesday,none of this ole shite,we got to roll our sleeves up and dig deep for a result..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.