Stop sending the crap with the Season Tickets

I did suggest a QR code but looked more into using the technology that the turnstiles use, NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, same as that used by the payment terminals so, the technology exists and is well proven. Apple initially restricted access to NFC for security but have opened it up to allow NFC tags to be read NDEF NFC Data Exchange Format types 1 to 5, I've no idea if the turnstiles are in this range. In theory City could introduce an app which could be used to access the ground. Lots of other advantages as well, fans forgetting their cards, people tend to have their phones with them at all times. Again as I suggested earlier a system could be implemented for all PL clubs so away tickets could be added to the app and then used to access the away grounds. NFC is available on most Android phones also

I'm much more likely to have a small purse with me than my phone :)
And, just like cards can be lost or forgotten, phones can be forgotten, damaged/broken, have a battery go flat ...
I can see that using phones is the way things are likely to go over the next few years but, even leaving aside the technical issues you mention, aren't there just as many potential practical difficulties as having a card?

With the OP. If you've renewed you should just be able to use the same card year after year. I've had the same seat since 2003.
You pauper. I make sure I have a brand new seat installed every year. I then get Kaldoon to Chuck my old one in the recycling bin.( That’s the Medlock to you and me ).

It's not "green" to send out all this plastic-covered sh!t to people that don't want or need it. I'm sure most of the stuff this year will end up in landfill, or even if it's sent for recycling it didn't need to be made in the first place.

We don't even need new cards if we've not moved! The "old" ones will still be read by the gates OK, the club chooses to replace them.

Cut the waste - it's an easy way to ramp up the club's green credentials.

Totally agree mate. They should at least give you the option when renewing to decline all the crap that comes with it. It’s keeping someone in a job in China but I’d rather it was the UK.

....and all football matches should be played during daylight - imagine the green savings on those lights? And definitely no undersoil heating!

....oh and all teams should walk to and from the games - regardless of how far it is!

....no steak pies at Half Time - those cows are loading the planet with methane!

....no beer in the stadium - let's get rid of those single use plastic cups and save on delivery diesel!

....get rid of the roads near the stadium too - black ashpalt is heating the urban area!

....and this bloody forum.....must be running on a server somewhere - think of the energy!

....oh and the OP is using electricity and some sort of device to post the original comment. The device probably contains rare minerals or metals (lithium? arsenic? titanium?) all mined somewhere thousands of miles away by underpaid staff working in dangerous conditions and causing countless proalems to the local natural habitat.....

It's not that I disgaree with the sentiments of the OP....but in the grand scale of things that scarf and bag pale into insignificance when you consider all of the above :)

Got to say that my work laptop fits perfectly in the laptop bag. Can't wait to flash it around in meetings attended by our Dipper safety director & Rag special events manager!

It's the fact that someone is employed to come up with ideas like this along with the idiots who run the ticketing that get's me.
Look boss let's not have a tin this year, how about a bag and I've got a great idea for next year we can send them out in a giant Condom.
Well done Son. Would you and you relatives like 10 Tickets for the Old Trafford Derby.

I'm much more likely to have a small purse with me than my phone :)
And, just like cards can be lost or forgotten, phones can be forgotten, damaged/broken, have a battery go flat ...
I can see that using phones is the way things are likely to go over the next few years but, even leaving aside the technical issues you mention, aren't there just as many potential practical difficulties as having a card?
We are heading towards a cash-less society where all transactions will be done with a smart phone. I see more and more examples of using the phone as NFC apps come into play At work we are looking into an app that can be used to access the site and offices this would again replace the cards currently used, a much more secure method as the phones all use biometric security The cards cost £5 as they are used to secure laptops but a new method is going to replace that soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.