Stopped smoking ......

I used to smoke 20-30 a day, and now generally only really smoke when I'm drinking or stressed - probably about 10 a week or something. Strange thing is I didn't consciously make an effort to stop, I just found myself smoking less and less over the period of a year. Can now go weeks without smoking, I don't get it!?

think i'm on about 3 yrs cold turkey, been about 12 month since I last thought about having one. Had two fillings come out and a barney with the Mrs on Friday. Saturday I fucked off to pub to cool off gob ache giving it bifta's and pissed off at her I was fucking gagging for one.....for about 3 mins, resisted...Who's the fuckin Daddy?........That's how i felt, like one of the 300 Spartans a fucking hero.

Giggle all you want, training your brain that not having a fag when you want one is a greater reward, releases the dopamine your body gets when you get a fag but without smoking. ......then your reward will be fuckin cakes or fizzy drinks and you will lose a leg to diabetes or have a heart attack, but quit smoking young enough some other smoking fucker can have your lungs :)

I have not had a smoke for 16 days I used to smoke 10minature cigars a day about £11 per day, I started to get them from Tesco under a tenner day, then someone in Tesco must of dropped one and they had none for a few days, I just thought sod it, I have saved over £150. I must admit I feel like shit I have smoked for about 50 years I bringing all kinds of shit up from my lungs it is starting to get better now stick with it, it will be worth it when you have money in your back pocket.

Giving it another go, first day today. It's not the fags but the weed I struggle with.
Anyway stay away from me for a few days as I may be a tad touchy for awhile.
Feel sorry for my kids.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Beckett

I packed in dozens of times.
Smoked from 16 to 52.

65 now.

13 years fag free.

You'll get there!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Beckett

I packed in dozens of times.
Smoked from 16 to 52.

65 now.

13 years fag free.

You'll get there!
Nice one, needed that.
46, feel like time is running out

9 days, hanging in there. Not as bad as I thought. Those cravings can be intense though, at least they're getting shorter and more infrequent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.