Storm Dudley/Eunice/Franklin

@Churchlawtonblue and myself have decided to postpone our fight as we were unaware that Amir Khan wax fighting Kell Brook later on today.

We decided that the public couldn’t contend with four bellends fighting on the same day.

We apologise for the late notice and any ticket holders should contact City’s ticket office for a refund, should you be able to get through.

Today every single train in Lancashire has been cancelled after what was a relatively mild storm in this region. The Met office figures show that the worst single gust in Preston yesterday morning was 48 mph. Most of the time the wind was around 33mph. Apparently there are a small number of roof tiles damaged at Preston Station (happened yesterday morning)so the whole place has been closed. But there are still no trains running from anwhere else in Lancs including lines that don't go through Preston.
I realise that in the South of England this has been a huge storm but not North of Manchester yet Northern Rail are incapable of providing a basic service. I have direct experience of managing communications in huge weather events, in fact much worse than this storm.
I call this bollocks from Northern Rail. Most of their problems stem from crumbling infrastructure (not their fault) and chronically bad management. They are just living up to their richly-deserved reputation as the worst train company in the UK (which has the worst transport systems in Europe).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.