Strange decisions by a City manager...

Mancini throwing Lescott upfront to clinch an equaliser against both Sunderland away and Spurs away.

Not the strangest by any stretch, but still pretty damned insane was Sven deciding to play Elano at right back against Liverpool. Yes we had injuries and needed to compromise etc but a player who has never put in a tackle, playing at right back???

Elano at RB wasn't that strange a decision as he had played there on the odd occasion for Brazil. Never a right back in a million years like, but given the Brazil thing you can see why Sven did it.

Apart from Ball's heroics, Gerry Creaney and Adrian Heath, the next oddest one for me is similar to the Elano one but the honour goes to Clueless playing Robinho at right back against Everton away (iirc).

- Pearce playing David James up front when I think we had John Macken sitting on the bench. Watching David James flapping and swinging his legs about was probably the most embarrassing moment for me as a City fan, and that's really saying something. One of my housemates at the time was a Boro fan and after the game, rather than the more obvious taunt about the fact they'd pipped us to the UEFA spot, he ridiculed me for supporting a team that had a manager who played a goalkeeper up front.

- Mancini not picking Pants for the FA Cup final. Whilst I do not believe that there should be room for sentiment in a football manager's brain, that decision was still nevertheless quite baffling.

- Anything that Mark Hughes ever did.

che_don_john said:
- Pearce playing David James up front when I think we had John Macken sitting on the bench. Watching David James flapping and swinging his legs about was probably the most embarrassing moment for me as a City fan, and that's really saying something. One of my housemates at the time was a Boro fan and after the game, rather than the more obvious taunt about the fact they'd pipped us to the UEFA spot, he ridiculed me for supporting a team that had a manager who played a goalkeeper up front..

I still reckon that was one of the most memorable games of the last 10 years.Weaver making his comeback, James up front (and winning a penalty). If Fowler had scored the penalty it would have been one of my favourite matches at Etihad.

Didsbury Dave said:
Brian Horton picking the slowest player at the club, David brightwell, at left back against kanchelskis. I think it was ahead of terry phelan but I might be wrong about that.

And Kevin keegan leaving our best and most creative player, Eyal Berkovic, out of the team for most of a season, despite our results plummeting. Cost him his job, that decision. Arguably the worst managerial decision I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYcYTX50bc

Looks rather like Terry Phelan at left back to me. Of course I expect you to still insist you are right no matter what, but I'm looking forward to how you go about it this time. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.