Strange isn't it - No witchhunt from the media after Evans

Surprised this thread hasn't happened earlier.

It was a 50/50 challenge, nothing malicious whatsoever. Infact the player himself, (Holden), has put on his own website that Evans called him to apologise. He also said it was not intentional, and that there is no ill feeling.

Why would there be a witch hunt?

Pigeonho said:

It was a 50/50 challenge, nothing malicious whatsoever. Infact the player himself, (Holden), has put on his own website that Evans called him to apologise. He also said it was not intentional, and that there is no ill feeling.

Don't u remember the furore after Nigels tackle ?

mancitytmdanttom said:
Pigeonho said:

That's because NDJ went in way too heavy on a player who was still on 2 feet, plus just 2 months before that he nearly caved in the chest of Alonso. On Saturday you had Stuart Holden and Evans going in, bang on 50/50 for the ball. It could just as easily have been Holden who got sent off and Evans out for 6 months. Completely different challenge to NDJ's.

Nothing about Ashley Cole kicking out at Milner in the first half either by the right hand touchline either. What a surprise.

Pigeonho said:
mancitytmdanttom said:
That's because NDJ went in way too heavy on a player who was still on 2 feet, plus just 2 months before that he nearly caved in the chest of Alonso. On Saturday you had Stuart Holden and Evans going in, bang on 50/50 for the ball. It could just as easily have been Holden who got sent off and Evans out for 6 months. Completely different challenge to NDJ's.

I do agree it was not malicious and it was different to Nigel's but I disagree with the bang on 50/50 theory. I thought Evans was clearly off the ground studs raised and heading 100% straight on whereas I didnt see Holden as off the ground as his left leg was bent in and sliding.His right foot also wasnt straight into Evans, he seemed to be tackling normally even though at pace for a good collision.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Pigeonho said:

I do agree it was not malicious and it was different to Nigel's but I disagree with the bang on 50/50 theory. I thought Evans was clearly off the ground studs raised and heading 100% straight on whereas I didnt see Holden as off the ground as his left leg was bent in and sliding.His right foot also wasnt straight into Evans, he seemed to be tackling normally even though at pace for a good collision.
Holden's said himself it wasn't intentional, that'll do for me. The thread OP just seems full of paranoia, when the simple matter of fact is that the press went for NDJ because of his then recent past, (Alonso), and because he had already broke the leg of another player not long before, (ironically Holden). That's why there was a furore against NDJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.