Strength

Esteban de la Sexface

How much stronger were Chelsea than us today?

Their ability to win 50-50's all over the pitch gave them the chance to get forward momentum for most of the game..

we really need de jong and vinny in there.

I though Dunnie and Ned were outstanding again today and would have coped only for we were overrun by their much more powerful midfield.

Essien was the boss today

We had nothing in midfield at all, no pressence, height, or strength. Obviosuly Kompany and De Jong would have helped in that respect but there is an alarming lack of anything physical throughout the squad.

Just before he went off injured Deco and Richards were running shoulder to shoulder towards the byeline and Deco knocked Micah off the ball.

How can that be

we have had some shite luck with our fixture times this year, spuds newly under twitcher, chelski under hiddink and scolari when they were decent

The top three all close down the opposition first,then earn the right to play.
Chelsea's midfield was awesome today.
Every 50/50 ball they killed stone dead and moved on with one touch.

That's the difference between "us" and "them."

But we're not a million miles away.

I think today emphasised how wide the gulf is between us and the top 4.

After the goal i dont think it was down to us stiffling any more goals from them (although Dunne and Onouha were tremendous for me), it was more that we were never gonna score in a month of Sundays and had we have popped 1 in, they could have easily moved up a gear and still had a few more gears in reserve.

Someone said on another thread that todays game should not be used as a yardstick to beat the manager with. I totally agree, but must be used as a yardstick to demonstrate the gulf between us and them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.