Stressed Out

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:
Why are so many fans stressed out about our performances? Yes, i acknowledge we need to perform but when i started supporting City we had fuck all, so if we get fuck all this season, so be it. I don’t want to associate myself with spoilt fans, at the same time i won’t cheer lazy players.

We have achieved more than most of us would have prayed for in our lifetimes. I don’t want to dwell on the past but domestically, all we are missing is the league cup. Unless of course you only followed City because off the past few years and you demand more? In that case you are not welcome at our club.

Kick the ball at VanPersie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUmLWT9Ad8[/youtube]
I fucking detest your mentality. "Likkle cititis" from someone who is unable to grasp what city have become, how good the players are and what the expectations should be of this team. It's the same idiot mentality which leads to the belief that every journalist*, every pundit, every co-commentator and every broadcaster is out to destroy city. It's a delusion , where the city in your life is the same city as in the match programme.

Fucking fat prick sat next to me for Real Madrid announces to the whole stand we we go 1-0 down: " I don't care if it finishes 5-0. It's Real Madrid innit. Not long since we were playing Macclesfield". A few of us told him where he could get off with that sort of thinking. It's one step from a half and half scarf and shows a massive lack of perspective. We have a team good enough to scare Real Madrid and this div thinks its appropriate to give a passionate crowd a York lecture?

Every game is crucial now for city. If you are challenging for the title then every dropped point is damaging. And city's team being so good means the fans are damned right to be disappointed if they play badly. As a fan you want your team to play to its potential, whether top of the premier league or half way down division 2. If you have a passion for the club then that's how it works.

*except Martin Samuel

Ambition doesn't mean you adopt a divine right 'rag' mentality.

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:
Why are so many fans stressed out about our performances? Yes, i acknowledge we need to perform but when i started supporting City we had fuck all, so if we get fuck all this season, so be it. I don’t want to associate myself with spoilt fans, at the same time i won’t cheer lazy players.

We have achieved more than most of us would have prayed for in our lifetimes. I don’t want to dwell on the past but domestically, all we are missing is the league cup. Unless of course you only followed City because off the past few years and you demand more? In that case you are not welcome at our club.

I fucking detest your mentality. "Likkle cititis" from someone who is unable to grasp what city have become, how good the players are and what the expectations should be of this team. It's the same idiot mentality which leads to the belief that every journalist*, every pundit, every co-commentator and every broadcaster is out to destroy city. It's a delusion , where the city in your life is the same city as in the match programme.

Fucking fat prick sat next to me for Real Madrid announces to the whole stand we we go 1-0 down: " I don't care if it finishes 5-0. It's Real Madrid innit. Not long since we were playing Macclesfield". A few of us told him where he could get off with that sort of thinking. It's one step from a half and half scarf and shows a massive lack of perspective. We have a team good enough to scare Real Madrid and this div thinks its appropriate to give a passionate crowd a York lecture?

Every game is crucial now for city. If you are challenging for the title then every dropped point is damaging. And city's team being so good means the fans are damned right to be disappointed if they play badly. As a fan you want your team to play to its potential, whether top of the premier league or half way down division 2. If you have a passion for the club then that's how it works.

*except Martin Samuel

Great post. This "anyone who complains is a spoilt brat" shtick, gets right on my tits. Do they think our owners are sitting there congratulating themselves on how far we've come, and saying "ah well, 10 years ago we were playing Wycombe" when we lose? No, they want us to be the best we can be.

I would dispute the bit about the journo's though. Whilst there may be no media wide agenda as such, there are nonetheless a load of utter bastard hacks out there, loyal to the rags, the Arse and the Scousers, who never miss an opportunity to stick the knife in

I was stressed yesterday at work my work colleagues telling me the score on their phones.Nasri didnt help getting sent off.

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:

*except Martin Samuel
Top post, sick of these threads tbh.

lafitz2008 said:
TCIB said:
genuine mate :)

I have the sources :)

[bigimg]http://i.minus.com/ibmM1KfiTjzruq.png[/bigimg]

Worst Bond ever.

I completely disagree at least in that it is a far more believable version of films none of the fancy gadgets. If you are talking about Daniel Craig in particular then I think you are wrong with that as well not the best for sure but definitely not dead last.

George Lazenby definitely the worst, but having watch Cowboys vs Aliens I can only see Daniel Craig with pointy ears and a bad Cowboy hat on

People are different and some will be very happy with what's happened in the past couple of years in terms of trophy wins and in terms of the pap they have witnessed in the past. Good luck to them but they need to accept that the club, owners, manager, back room staff and most of the players want more and have a bigger agenda...they don't want to be in the position whereby in 10 years time they're looking back and saying "wasn't that great winning the league in 2012, it's a pity we won piss all after it".
So, there are a lot of fans like that too. Expectations are higher now because we are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world and we have some fantastic players. We should be challenging for trophies on a regular basis now and thus virtually every game we play in is going to mean something, like DD says. I was just saying this to my son the other night watching the Wigan match on the telly, 5 years ago that would have been a nothing match really in terms of top of the league battles and I could have sat and watched that without any stress, obviously hoping to win but if we lost, and we did lose plenty of those types of games, it didn't really matter too much. Now, it's obviously completely different, we're challenging for the title and if we lose or draw then it's potentially crucial, hence the added stress factor.

BoundedCascade said:
lafitz2008 said:
TCIB said:
genuine mate :)

I have the sources :)

[bigimg]http://i.minus.com/ibmM1KfiTjzruq.png[/bigimg]

Worst Bond ever.

I completely disagree at least in that it is a far more believable version of films none of the fancy gadgets. If you are talking about Daniel Craig in particular then I think you are wrong with that as well not the best for sure but definitely not dead last.

Its an awful film,riddled with plot holes.
Bonds plan in the end is to take M to a house in the middle of nowhere,lure an army of mercenaries there with huge resources where he's going to her protect with his dads old rifle and a selction of cutlery.M gets killed,the bad guy achieves what he sets out to do.Bond has failed.
Rather than a disciplinary though the new M,who previously though Bond was past it, is now convinced he's ready for field work again despite the fact he's just got his old boss killed.
The whole films full of nonsense like that and Daniel Craigs just a buff Peter Reid.
Give me Live and let die or Goldfinger any day of the week.

I find it more stressful now than when we were bobbins! Yesterday for the last 15 mins was unbearable!

blue for life said:
I find it more stressful now than when we were bobbins! Yesterday for the last 15 mins was unbearable!
Exactly the same here. Its killing me. I was transformed into an irate Bail Fawlty yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.