Striketh them down oh lord.

We went out to our local IKEA yesterday, it was sunny and 34C when we left, so we left all the windows wide open (the bedroom ones open like a door), to allow the air to blow through. Whilst out, our town had one of these storms, I've seen video of golf ball sized hail, both bedrooms face E, and the storm came from that direction (well SE).

As we were driving back we had the local radio on, and it was telling stories of cars floating in the town centre, and widespread flooding and closed roads, we'd had a shower and saw a bit of lightning at the IKEA, so it was surprising. As we got close to home there was all kind of debris, tree's shredded of leaves, big branches down, several flooded roads, but as we live in a 3rd floor apartment I wasn't overly concerned.

On entering our apartment, we found pictures blown off the wall, and 2 pretty much flooded bedrooms, and 2 very wet beds, the hail (I assume) had made it all the way across both bedrooms, like 12 feet from the window, and had melted into the beds and carpet. We mopped up with towels and fully filled about 5 to ringing them out in the bath, and we've had to turn the mattress over last night to sleep on it. It's all dried out eventually today, but the carpets and other side of the mattress were still wet this morning, the exercise bike has pedals that fit round your foot and they had an inch of water in them.

We have a small brook runs through the apartment complex, it usually has about 5 cm of water in it, it was about 2m when we got back last night, close to the top of the bank, and it's never flooded to my knowledge.

We've just had another storm, not much rain, but lightning about every second or two, for about 30 minutes, couldn't hear a lot of thunder, so somewhere else has had a bad night.

Tuesday nights storm in burnley was worse/better than last nights, i loved it!! it was an amazing sight to see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.