Strongest Front 5?

The next four/five months will be crucial. With Pep tendency to play his starters 90 minutes, who will ride the bench?

It will be a blow to the ego much like David Silva, Aguero, Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez being relagated to the bench in their final season.

So mine will be Haaland, Julian, Kevin, Foden and Bernardo.

Grealish and Doku will ride the bench with Grealish leaving this summer before the Euros.
IMG_0525.gif

This is the midfield and front three I think we'll see most often once Kevin and Erling are back up to speed.

Grealish---------Haaland---------Foden
--------------Silva---------------KDB
-------------------------Rodri

Feels a bit harsh on Alvarez after doing a good job in two different positions while players have been injured but if De Bruyne and Haaland are fit it's hard to see how he starts regularly. I'm sure he'll get the nod in certain games though and he's a very useful option to have on the bench.

I think Grealish will be preferred for most of the big games but there will be plenty of games where Doku is needed from the start, particularly against low blocks and like Alvarez he's a great weapon to have in reserve.

Seems a shame to move Foden back out on the right after excelling as a number 10 recently but I just can't see Pep playing Kev and Phil in the same midfield. I think he'll be allowed to drift centrally a lot of the time anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.