Struggling to find a job 16 y/o

bluemoon98

I left college couple of months ago and got talking to connextions about job searching etc but they haven't spoke to me in a few weeks anyway. In the meantime I've been on sites such as indeed, reed and gov website to look at apprenticeships but I'm not sure what I really want to do. I've been mainly looking at jobs in retail/customer service but can anyone recommend any sites to look at or places to look at (bear in mind I'm from the Midlands.)

Cheers :)

Have a wander round town and ask in every coffee shop or shop you like to see if they are hiring,get in before the spring/summer hiring starts,it'll give you some breathing space and you'll get a first reference for a job you really want when you decide what to do

Get in HM Forces.

Learn a trade, see the world and let them make the most of what you have got.

Deffo this

There is literally nothing left for kids to do these days unless they are extremely fortunate.

If you half a brain, you have no need to go infantry, not that im taking anything from those brave men and women but if you can get an apprenticeship and get into a forces college then its a no brainer.

Worse case scenario is say 6 years down the line you hit civvy street more mature, trained with employers wanting you and best, you go on to love it and do the full 20+ years and gain the benefits that would go with such a career.

I turned 45 last month and fuck me i wish i had my time again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.