Stuart Hall - Guilty!

TheMightyQuinn said:
malg said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
In future I think the police and government should investigate mega paedos rather than silence any/all discussion and sweep it all under the carpet.

Thousands of children could have been spared the torment had these people in power felt the need to stop this shit.
Fucking hell, no shit sherlock!

Forget the police, this is a major cover up by not just top brass in the BBC, but the other presenters as well. Any of those fuckers who deny they knew what was going on are lying. Esther Rantzen should hang her fucking head in shame. That media mouth Janet Street Porter is in there as well. They both knew what was going on with the abuse of young girls but said nothing. Shame on the pair of them.

The trouble is that the cover ups go right to the very very top.

These people could have been stopped on day one yet for some reason they were allowed to operate outside the law with complete freedom.
I agree with you totally. There was a cover up on a monumental scale. For some reason, and it may well be that I'm old, but I always think a woman covering up for paedophiles is worse than a bloke. I know they're all cUUnts, but for some reason I just see that women are more evil when it comes to this.

like several people said before, it's disheartening to learn that someone whose humour and talents I once admired & enjoyed, is in fact an extremely questionable and ugly character.

as others have voiced, in a way I would be surprised to see him sent to jail; I'd expect that he may take a bottle of barbiturates & a glass of whiskey first.

at this age if he's given a custodial sentence - and he should receive something surely (?) I can't see him coming out, one way or another.

if he'd robbed a bank it would be one thing, but for child abusers (and famous ones) it's not going to be a barrel of laughs for old Stuart.

I get pissed off with the people who knew him at the time and thought it was odd that he had young girls visiting at his BBC office but never said anything.

One bloke was interviewed and said Hall used to say they were his nieces. This bloke is now retired with his BBC pension.

That is shameful in my eyes.

mayo31 said:
I get pissed off with the people who knew him at the time and thought it was odd that he had young girls visiting at his BBC office but never said anything.

One bloke was interviewed and said Hall used to say they were his nieces. This bloke is now retired with his BBC pension.

That is shameful in my eyes.

Looks like a lot of folk chose to look the other way at the Beeb mate, probably because they were more worried about jeopardising their careers than reporting paedophiles, which is pretty appalling.
Esther Rantzen said that Savile's antics were common knowledge at the time, yet, and I quote, 'we closed our ears and closed our eyes'.
And she was on the board at fucking Childline.
Seemingly ignoring the actions of predatory sex offenders was a prerequisite to work for a major children's charity.
But then That's Life, I guess.

Ancient Citizen said:
BS said:
something strange with that 'letter'. this in particular:

(I was a shy, intelligent, studious, pretty girl, destined for university and a professional career.)

I agree. I would not convict anyone on the strength of this; there is obviously far more damning evidence however, particularly concerning a 9 year old, for which he has had to hold his hands up.
So fuck him.

That could have been worded better...

Put his £1.2m home in his wife's name in February after owning it for forty years. Sly bastard knew the game was up.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10036625/Stuart-Hall-accused-of-dodging-payout-for-abuse-victims.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... ctims.html</a>

I have a horrible feeling there's a lot more of this stuff to come out, and even more that will never come out because the men concerned are too powerful/well-connected. Our society is rotten to the core, and the rot is worse at the top.

BrianW said:
I have a horrible feeling there's a lot more of this stuff to come out, and even more that will never come out because the men concerned are too powerful/well-connected. Our society is rotten to the core, and the rot is worse at the top.
My advice to anybody who has suffered historic abuse would be to write or e-mail the government of the day. If your letter isn't acknowledged or acted upon, I'd inform the press. It wouldn't matter who the abuser is, it would be investigated because people who are held to public accountability will act to save their skin. If they're put in the position of trying to deny all knowledge of it, the public would view it as unforgivable if they knew and did nothing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/December/Happy-birthday-Stuart-Hall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... tuart-Hall</a>

This should probably be removed ASAP!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.