Stuff we might need to learn one day

Well, whether you agree or not that United know how to control the transfer market, who can dispute that:

Thiago - Herrera - Fabregas

is a pretty awesome midfield. They MUST be nailed on for the title now.

Pigeonho said:
What is it exactly that we might need to learn? Bit stumped here.

the OP is suggesting the rags used Powell to allow the purchase of fellani.
Probably true.
But think the spanish duo at city already know how to do this

gh_mcfc said:
Whether we don`t feel the need, miss a trick or the situation hasn`t arrived we will need to control transfer chains better

ie.

Utd Let Wigan have Powell on Loan thereby
Allows Wigan to sell Macarthy to Everton and
Allows Everton to sell Lurch.

Got them out of a hole in the end

Other clubs also control things like this. Not that Utd are the model to follow this window.

Embarrassing post.

Pigeonho said:
What is it exactly that we might need to learn? Bit stumped here.

that we still need a solid defensive midfield player, a quality center half to challenge Vinny and co, a better left back than AK, to really challenge on all fronts.

gh_mcfc said:
Whether we don`t feel the need, miss a trick or the situation hasn`t arrived we will need to control transfer chains better

ie.

Utd Let Wigan have Powell on Loan thereby
Allows Wigan to sell Macarthy to Everton and
Allows Everton to sell Lurch.

Got them out of a hole in the end

Other clubs also control things like this. Not that Utd are the model to follow this window.

And how many times is complete and utter surrender v MANUre in any competition part of the loan deal?

I think it's a valid point, although if Utd really had thought about this merry-go-round then they could have saved 4 million and loaned Powell to Wigan before Fellaini's clause expired at Everton, (and so allow McCarthy to go as a replacement).

Spending an extra four million isn't good business, and I think someone will have their wrists slapped at Utd for this.

Everton and Spurs have done very well out of this window, but I think ourselves and Liverpool have also brought in the players we both need at this stage of our development. Liverpool want to get back in the top four and we want to proceed in the Champions League, hopefully now both clubs can advance and make the top of the league more exciting.

As a City fan I want us to become more consistent and return back to the football exhibited in the first two or three months of our Premier League winning season, if Pellegrini can now sort the defence then we should be almost there. I have just watch the highlights of the Ajax home game from last season again, and our defence was as bad then as it was against Cardiff at defending set pieces around the box. So some things haven't changed, I just hope Pellegrini can right the wrongs that Mancini either couldn't or could't see as being a problem.

We are still short in a few areas, not in numbers but in quality or a lack of belief in the fans for certain players, ie can Rodwell stay fit and step-up, can Kolarov play in a more disciplined way, can Toure run back as well as he can go forward, can Clichy provide an assist from the wing, can Richards become fit enough to play and can Vinny have a run of game without getting injured ?

The OP is suggesting controlling a chain of transfers so a club releases a player they don't want at one end of the chain and replace him with one they do want at the other end of the chain. That he used the rags as an example was a bit silly because they've had a very poor window and also because some on here see their arses as soon as our nauseating neighbours are mentioned in a positive light.
Suppose we had a spare forward but wanted a defender and Arsenal wanted our forward and had a defender that would fit our requirements. A straight swap wouldn't raise any eyebrows. What the OP seems to be suggesting is that such a deal isn't always possible so several clubs might need to be involved and somebody has to control the chain.
All this was finalised on deadline day, but I bet most of the details were sorted out well in advance so they could set this chain in motion when their other bids hit the buffers.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:04 am --<br /><br />
Jimfv1 said:
I think it's a valid point, although if Utd really had thought about this merry-go-round then they could have saved 4 million and loaned Powell to Wigan before Fellaini's clause expired at Everton, (and so allow McCarthy to go as a replacement).
Spending an extra four million isn't good business, and I think someone will have their wrists slapped at Utd for this.
That's all true of course, but nobody at the Theatre of Prawns expected all their other bids to turn to rat shit in such an amusing manner.

Hmmmmm... I'm not sure it's a lesson we should learn at all.

A bit far fetched and a lot of 'what ifs?', all to end up in the end overpaying for a player from the bosses' old club. If that's controlling the market to get players at the very end of the transfer window it's a pretty poor technique.
Our best bit of business ironically will be our cheapest - Demichelis, solid defender and top bloke ready to slide into the City team at any point.

What I want to know is how will Fellaini fit in a midfield consisting of Fabregas, Ronaldo, Herrera and Thiago especially as they still have Giggs, Carrick, Young and Cleverley. Surprised they bought him really as I can't see how he fits into the team!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.