Stupid little things that make you happy.

“Live” in person game? ABSOLUTELY!
“Live” on TV game? I need to put food and drink in my mouth just to stop me waking the neighbors, even though the occasional “GET THE FUCK IN!!” has woken my wife in the early hours of a weekend morning…or probably the poor bastard in the hotel room next to mine!!

;-)
No, my stomach churns the whole fucking time. I can keep booze down, on an empty stomach is not a good idea, but I have loads of not good ideas I still have dreams for. I live in a rural place now so can shout like fuck. I always shouted like fuck even when I stayed in a tenement. Food only after we have won and I have stopped hyperventilating. Won’t make that mistake again.

No, my stomach churns the whole fucking time. I can keep booze down, on an empty stomach is not a good idea, but I have loads of not good ideas I still have dreams for. I live in a rural place now so can shout like fuck. I always shouted like fuck even when I stayed in a tenement. Food only after we have won and I have stopped hyperventilating. Won’t make that mistake again.
No idea of your vintage, but I’ve no idea how you got through the lean years of Typical City us FOCs endured if that’s your current state! ;-)

I’ve had my moments, to be sure, but every game??? There’s not enough aspirin in the world to thin my blood enough to not stroke out if I felt like you every game!

I’m naturally fairly low key (family trait) until I reach a threshold, then the red mist descends and “Katie bar the door!”

Thankfully, not had too many of those, but enough to know it can get ugly quickly once the bell goes off.

With age, though, I’m not sure if that threshold has been raised or I am simply able to crawl towards it anywhere near as quickly these days! On the last one, I ran straight through a door that the person I was chasing slammed closed on me. Thank goodness it was wood and not steel or I might not have survived, because I didn’t even think about it being an obstacle!

No idea of your vintage, but I’ve no idea how you got through the lean years of Typical City us FOCs endured if that’s your current state! ;-)

I’ve had my moments, to be sure, but every game??? There’s not enough aspirin in the world to thin my blood enough to not stroke out if I felt like you every game!

I’m naturally fairly low key (family trait) until I reach a threshold, then the red mist descends and “Katie bar the door!”

Thankfully, not had too many of those, but enough to know it can get ugly quickly once the bell goes off.

With age, though, I’m not sure if that threshold has been raised or I am simply able to crawl towards it anywhere near as quickly these days! On the last one, I ran straight through a door that the person I was chasing slammed closed on me. Thank goodness it was wood and not steel or I might not have survived, because I didn’t even think about it being an obstacle!
I’m Glaswegian. We are timeless and other characteristics, that allow us to adapt.

Quality hotel soap.
Decent sized bathroom with a toilet that doesn’t cramp your style.
Toilet paper that doesn’t leave bits on your arse after a decent wipe.
A big flat screen with English language channels.
Quiet, responsive climate controls.
A fridge in the room.
A firm pillow or two.
A few decent sandwich or “Big Salad” (Seinfeld fans?!) options on a hotel menu.
Indoor outdoor hotel pools.
A good steak/local delicacy place within walking distance.
International airports that are NOT 1:30 outside the city centre.
A flight attendant who understands the roll on your dinner plate was wrapped in foil so it could be heated with your crew meal, but not for the ENTIRE TIME the crew meal is supposed to be heated!
Waking up refreshed.
Bonus: Waking up refreshed and hearing the hustle and bustle of a brand new foreign city outside your window (Recents have been Milan & Tel Aviv).
A room with a view of what the city portends.
Enough room in your suitcase to grab something to take home AND not weigh a ton.
Travel that occurs without delays, and…
There’s nothing better than a great descent & approach to a landing, and then rolling a 425,000 pound aircraft onto a 2 mile long strip of concrete at 160mph after a 10+ hour flight…because you’re home safely!

:-D

And, on the other days of REAL life…

A phone call, or even just a positive text, from one’s adult children.

Walking at the Forest Preserve on a crisp sunny day.

A good day in the stock market, which always somehow feels “more good” than a bad day feels bad!

My regular trip to the local range for 200 rounds with my best mate, long lunch afterwards, followed by free ice cream at my (United fan!) mate’s ice cream shop…like clockwork!

The warm afterglow of a City win, esp in a big game…and aren’t they all now?!

Paying someone a compliment and seeing that it was well received and appreciated.

Being fortunate enough to be able to be a big tipper to service personnel.

Hearing my wife laugh at my stupid Dad jokes.

Hearing kids laugh at anything, anytime, esp my own kids. Is there any better sound in the world?

Lastly…

Knowing that if something bad happened to me today, my wife and kids would not only be well taken care of (NEVER skimp on insurance! It’s worth it when you need it, and if you never need it then you’re living a fortunate life already!), but that I have helped, in some small way, provide the life skills, education and financial foundation necessary for my (now) adult children to continue to live the happy, healthy, loving, kind, productive lives they have already achieved and my wife to enjoy her golden years without worrying about a thing.

P.S. A good meat pie when I come over to Manc!

Life is hard. But, find the stupid little joys in it and they quickly overwhelm the negativity and struggles.

I completely understand that while I’m less fortunate than some, I am much more fortunate than most. That is why finding joy in the things that cost nothing (or next to nothing) can help sustain anyone. That is a true joy of life…no matter how big, small or stupid.
Your easily pleased. Ive not had a good meat pie for years . Them hollands pies in mcr are dog shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.