Stupid player sales

He was young and he’s a natural in both roles. Laporte and Ake are basically out of position.
I agree but, on a more positive note, Ake seems to be growing into the Left Back position, at least defensively. Not seen him tested at the top CL level yet but he did well against Arsenal. Perhaps Pep has stumbled on the solution (or was just kidding us all along). I dislike Laporte at left back and Cancelo when we are up against a strong attacking team.

Paul Walsh and replacing with Gerry Creaney
Tony Coton to United
Garry Flitcroft when fighting relegation on deadline day
Nigel De Jong.

not 100% sure about Coton but non of the others wanted to leave
From what I believe we had to sell Flitcroft to pay the bills.

I remember when I was about 9. It was the summer holidays and we were all walking up Thorpe Road on our way to the astro turf pitch in Newton Heath, when one of the older kids came from nowhere shouting WEVE SOLD FRANCIS !!(Trevor) I was absolutely gutted! I remember thinking he's only been here for 1 ****** season. Probably the most gutted I've ever been from selling a player. Swales was such a **** , saying we couldn't afford him. I think he was on something like 2 grand a week yet he was putting about 6 or 7 k on the gate. How can one man be such an imbecile. Our crowds quickly dropped by thousands and the crippling debts started to fester. I know he was injured quite a bit, but what a player Francis was and I still think we'd of stayed up with him for a few more years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.