Sturgeon wants another referendum

Not sure I agree with the timing, but in light on the whole Brexit fiasco i'm all for another referendum at some point (it was inevitable i think). She seems pretty savvy, so probably has good reasons for doing it now.

Getting ourselves rid of Westminster and all that toffery would be brilliant.

Well, I'm officially s***ing myself. I'm not sure I could take another loss and live in this UKIP country much longer. Think it'll be a nail biter.

May is so intransigent and incompetent we might just swing it. Please God........

Brilliant news for us.

After all, in 2014 one of the 2 main cases for staying in the UK (The other being the currency issue) was the only way to be certain of staying in the EU was to vote No.

Now that the goalposts have been completely shifted, there is absolutely a mandate for a second referendum.

I sincerely hope my countrymen and woman get it right this time round.

Time to get away from the ever growing far right wing minded lunatics voting for the other far right wing lunatics to govern our country. A clear divide has developed between what is wanted North and South of the border.

#StillYes.
Haha, weird guy.

Not sure I agree with the timing, but in light on the whole Brexit fiasco i'm all for another referendum at some point (it was inevitable i think). She seems pretty savvy, so probably has good reasons for doing it now.

Getting ourselves rid of Westminster and all that toffery would be brilliant.

Nicola must have had the nod from the EU.

Even less reason to vote Yes now the economic argument has been shown to be fundamentally flawed.

Yet the main argument for Yes, ie Scottish people voting one way (No to Brexit) and getting a completely different result has only strengthened. There's obviously a huge divide in what people want on either side of the border. The UK as it is, is no longer fit for purpose.

The reason, I was a No, now it would be Yes.

So I wonder how she will spin the following.............

The gap between Scotland’s public spending and tax revenues has widened, with the crash in global oil prices leading to a deficit of nearly £15bn.
Compared with spending at UK level, that led to a gulf of £1,600 a head between what was raised in taxes and spent in Scotland. Overall government spending as a share of the economy increased again to reach nearly 44% of Scotland’s GDP, compared with 40% at UK level.

Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish first minister, said the figures were very difficult and the plunge in oil prices meant that Scotland had “suffered an economic shock, which has impact on our fiscal position”.

The Gers data presented a challenging picture for Scotland, she said, adding: “It is a challenge we have had for some time now – how to grow and diversify our onshore economy.”

Senior economists The Fraser of Allander Institute, warned that a budget deficit of this scale made Scottish independence effectively unaffordable, unless Sturgeon made very tough choices on spending cuts or tax rises.

Nicola must have had the nod from the EU.
It seems like there's definitely been a change in rhetoric from the EU regarding Scotland since Brexit. Although it's tough to know exactly what's going on through the media and all their different agendas and selective reporting.

This is great news for Brexit as Scotland are leaving the UK then there is no point considering their wishes at all during the Brexit negotiations.

Yet the main argument for Yes, ie Scottish people voting one way (No to Brexit) and getting a completely different result has only strengthened. There's obviously a huge divide in what people want on either side of the border. The UK as it is, is no longer fit for purpose.
Its not as simple as either side of the border, as I think I am right in saying that London and Manchester? voted to stay in Europe - maybe they should claim independence too. I look forward to hearing how the SNP will spin the £15bn deficit.

It seems like there's definitely been a change in rhetoric from the EU regarding Scotland since Brexit. Although it's tough to know exactly what's going on through the media and all their different agendas and selective reporting.

What different agendas? I think there's only ever been one media agenda. Do whatever it takes to stop Scottish independence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.