Sturridge 'Not Even Close to a New Deal'

davefrombury said:
I can't believe for a minute that he is asking for anything near that amount.

The fact that its taking so long points to the fact that he probably is.

it's clear the club arn't prepared to pay OTT wages for an average player at best, do you know what i think has sparked this off, robby being here and his wages, so i think it' s a case off danny thinking "i want the same as him or i'll go" attitude, which i have to say robinho's wages are are overpriced, so with robimho on 200k a week and with other players on less than half of his wages, i don't think it'll to long before other players have danny's attitude unfortunatley.

Sturridge is a quality player with loads of potential and skill. However has been injured, he is young, he is inexperienced and he has not proven himself on any major game or level of International duty. When he does any of these then he will be worth 65k a week until then no. He needs to get his head on straight if it is really him doing this and realize City are going places and he shouldn't jump ship.

That being said I think this guy could turn out to be great and we need young players so he is one we should not let go. I think 40k a week is substantial enough and maybe bonuses for this player if he scores. If he does not accept a deal around this then we really do not need a player that egotistical. I hope it isn't like this and hope it isn't his family pulling the strings on this BS. Hope things work out.

lionheart said:
RobinJo said:
How much does the guy want
He wants 75K a week and MH won't pay more than 45K so I understand. Personally, now that we are paying silly money to our new recruits, the club will have to review its existing pay structure or face a player mutiny.
The article states that they are asking for 65 grand a week. A couple of weeks ago I heard that Strurridge actually thinks he is the next Wayne Rooney and was hoping to get 100 grand a week out of City. So if that's the case - and it supposedly came from someone close to the club - the 65 grand is a big drop as far as his people are concerned. It'll be interesting to see if he settles for 45 grand a week as it is less than half the 100 grand he supposedly wanted a couple of weeks ago - maybe this is why he is 'Not Even Close to a New Deal'.

BillyShears said:
Agree with Hughes...can't see what it achieves by giving in to the OTT wage demands of a player who's started barely 5 premiership games.

To be honest, in the greater scheme of things, I cannot believe that Sturridge is being so stubborn about this. For a player like him, City surely IS the place to be.

Anyway, would be a shame to go and see him flourish at another club, but hey, if it happens it happens.

It's happened a few times before mate but what I've seen of the kid he is not 75k a week material.

If we end up paying him anywhere near as much as Ireland, who is a far better player imo, then we can expect discontent in the ranks. I say give Ireland £30000 more and offer DS £30000 total. The team has to come before him.

For me, the same applies to Robinho; if his pay disrupts team morale, lose him.

Left to his own devices, MH has brought in some really worthwhile players on fair wages and next summer I believe we'll see more of the same.

No team can flourish unless the pay structure is seen to be fair.

either we pay him what he wants or someone else will
i don't want to lose sturridge he is a class player and is only getting better

tommcfc said:

Don't think any other clubs would even pay him 45k a week right now.

pee dubya said:
tommcfc said:

Don't think any other clubs would even pay him 45k a week right now.

well i don't know the figure and i doubt the press do
but i guarentee you if we dont meet his demands and let him go then he will snapped up so quickly by any number of top clubs. chelski, villa, arse and rags would all go for him IMO
we should do all we can to keep him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.