Stuttgart vs City

i don't see chelsea, the rags, arsenal playing loads of kids and not being ready for the start of the season.

shambles from the manager

Stuttgart are absolutely ready for their season, and they show how far away we are from being ready, we don't even look fit enough to compete.. Our pre-season has not been the best preparation this year

Ok let's not forget that this is pre-season but a few home truths for the Kolarov supporters. The one thing that is unacceptable in any game is making a mistake and rather than own it point to others as if it's their fault. His positional sense is quite frankly championship at best. Secondly I am very worried about Vinny - It shows how much better as an organiser MDM is and unfortunately he's 33. Last worry is that when we are pressed we look vulnerable. But hey it's only pre-season!

Let's be honest though, preparations for this and the last season have been shite. We've known for 2 years that our defence is weak. Nastasic got the boot and Mangala clearly isn't worth what we paid for him. I get that he's young but I can't even see any potential there! We've spunked £50m on him and Fernando. Both didn't strengthen the team or the squad.

This season we've brought in Sterling. Fine. Delph strengthens the squad, not the team. That's it. Couple of young lads who, again, won't strengthen the team.

I don't get it. The one season since 2011-12 where we actually sat down, identified players and how they'd strengthen our team...then bought them in, was 2013-2014. And we won the league.

This game's just failed to dilute any of my concerns going into the season! Too many players unavailable...again....which we clearly haven't planned for despite knowing that our South Americans wouldn't be fit for the season. Not enough quality being brought in. Failed to address our defensive issues.

Side note - Bony. *sighs* Hope he finds his way this season.

why won't they ? denayer could be better than mangala as an example. Maybe instead of spending millions on players every year we are finally looking at youth players

Pmsl.

Doesn't take some long does it?

No, but if you're watching this (pre-season friendly or not) and you can't acknowledge that we have huge ongoing problems in defence and defensive midfield, problems that the manager has clearly not addressed one iota since last season, then you can't be helped. This is so bad it's fucking tragic, and the new season is 8 days away. I'd say cause for concern is putting it mildly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.