Style of football / Mancini's tactics {merged}

forevermancity

not a mancini out thread before i get slated!

our style of play allows us to scrape through games and also dominate some. but surely we need to have another style when needed?

it was obvious after 60 mins things werent going to plan, his subs were positive and understandable, but we still played with the same tempo and direction.

arsenal, chelsea and united are all able to change their style, but we seem reluctant.

On another note the two wing backs are starting to show us what they can do.

Re: Mancini's tactics

Well, we could go to a 4-4-2 with two wingers but who would we play on the non-Johnson wing? Milner and Silva just don't seem like natural wingers when stationed there and SWP has lost it. Bellamy and Weiss out on loan.

Re: Mancini's tactics

LoveCity said:
Well, we could go to a 4-4-2 with two wingers but who would we play on the non-Johnson wing? Milner and Silva just don't seem like natural wingers when stationed there and SWP has lost it. Bellamy and Weiss out on loan.

this is why letting bellemy go out on loan was a mistake.....he would never be a starter in the league (regualrly) and his injures would stop him playing a major part but as a sub in the last 20 mins or so he adds something we dont have and that is extreme pace and the ability to stretch a team out wide.....

the thing about bellemy as well is that he said he would be happ to play a bit role (probably because he knows his injuries wont allow him to play a major role)

Style of football...

Just wondering what everyones thoughts on the way we often play... is everyone happy with the way we approach the game? And if their not, what would they do differently?

Re: Style of football...

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Just wondering what everyones thoughts on the way we often play... is everyone happy with the way we approach the game? And if their not, what would they do differently?

It is like Arsenals but we need 2 ultra attacking fullbacks for it to come off.Kolorov and Alves would be ideal.

i'm hoping that teams havent sussed us out, however i believe that that might be the case. we keep the ball very well, although we fail to do much with it. 70%+ of possession and we barely had a chance on goal. i think we play well, but we need to have more cutting edge against these teams

always start by passing back, must try to be more attacking from the start

i don't mind it, i just think were to one dimensional at times, no width and try and play down the middle, every team defending works us out, and just blocks everything.

tonight we ran out of ideas, villa were penned in and had everyone back, as long as they kept their shape, we were never gonna get through them.

we need more creativity and direction to our play, i worry for us when we go a goal down, were good when we score first and lead, but when we go down we lack that cutting edge most of the time.

I am not happy that we only have one reliable winger ( Adam Johnson) and we are not playing him from the start.

Look how more dangerous we became after he came in. Imagine if we have two wingers who will create chances every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.