Successful Italian

fbloke said:
mannion18 said:
I have been thinking about this and cannot come up with any italian that we have bought that has been a success in england. Can anyone think of one?
or should we ster clear of italians? In fact I think there are very few italians that have made it in the EPL at all.

Di Mateo

Zola

yeah i agree these two were amazing in the EPL. And seem to be the exception, but have WE ever bought one that has stayed on to be a success?
Especially for the money we have payed for them.

mannion18 said:
fbloke said:
Di Mateo

Zola

yeah i agree these two were amazing in the EPL. And seem to be the exception, but have WE ever bought one that has stayed on to be a success?
Especially for the money we have payed for them.

Well I think we have only bought 2, Corraddi and Bianchi and neither of them amounted to anything much<br /><br />-- Sat May 22, 2010 2:29 pm --<br /><br />I suppose technically we had Mancini's son as well on loan when Sven was here.

Gianfranco Zola and Roerto Di Matteo are my favourite. I also like Sam Della Bona, but he can't make it in England.

fbloke said:
And we are about to sign Buffon ;-)

i really hope not, i think Hart is better.

Im not sure we are even linked with any italians, but I hope we do not go for any (even if mancini rates them) as for some reason I dont think they can adapt to the english game.

since the topic has gone of course a bit, i'd add vialli then.
His movement off the ball, pulling defenders all over the place to create space for others, probably the best i've seen from any player at doing it in the prem league.

Im sure by the way he defended that dunnie was slightly italian and that his national flag has just simply been the wrong way round during his international career!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.