Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Someone pointed out the other day that the likes of Poland send illegal immigrants home.

Poland is in the ECHR too. I am convinced that the ECHR is just the current excuse for government idleness and incompetence, like the EU used to be.

The Tories have long used 'excuse targets' on which thick voters can focus their ire. The ECHR and RNLI are two such. It's a diversion. They are currently using 'the unions' in a similar way.

They only get away with this because the average voter is as thick as two short planks, and thinks Putin is 'left-wing' and not the nutty, racist nationalist he actually is.

I despair of this country and of democracy - so-called.

Someone pointed out the other day that the likes of Poland send illegal immigrants home.

Poland is in the ECHR too. I am convinced that the ECHR is just the current excuse for government idleness and incompetence, like the EU used to be.

The Tories have long used 'excuse targets' on which thick voters can focus their ire. The ECHR and RNLI are two such. It's a diversion. They are currently using 'the unions' in a similar way.

They only get away with this because the average voter is as thick as two short planks, and thinks Putin is 'left-wing' and not the nutty, racist nationalist he actually is.

I despair of this country and of democracy - so-called.
Is the RNLI in the frame again?

Time for another donation...

The Tories retain a 70 odd seat majority...... but Labour defeated it ?

69-188 was the vote.
67 of the Ayes were Conservative, one a whipless Conservative.
4 Conservatives voted against.

The govt reportedly whipped against it, so most just didn't vote. It was only a 10-minute bill and immediately after the Braverman piece.
I quoted the first paragraphs in the govt thread. The idea that a 10-minute bill would cover the concept of being able to override ECHR judges is laughable.

69-188 was the vote.

The govt reportedly whipped against it, so most just didn't vote. It was only a 10-minute bill and immediately after the Braverman piece.
I quoted the first paragraphs in the govt thread. The idea that a 10-minute bill would cover the concept of being able to override ECHR judges is laughable.

So it wasn't Labour then

69-188 was the vote.

So, the government didn’t get their way? Or, did they?

So, the government didn’t get their way? Or, did they?

Closer to the latter.

It wasn't a govt bill - it was a member's bill.
The govt whipped against it reportedly.
The proposal failed.

So 67 Conservative MPs voted for something that failed, and that the govt didn't want to pass.
The only non-Conservative (or ex-Conservative) who voted for was a DUP MP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.