Summary and updates of the Messi thread only

Rammyblues

Given the high profile nature of Messi, i see that the thread has already reached 64 pages and we are some months away from the summer window. For any new posters (and old) who want to understand and enjoy how this thread has developed here is a summary of it.

The respected posters i have mentioned are well known to all and it is only because of them, I actually believe there is something in this other than speculation, but with this warning nothing is done until a signature is on a contract so nothing is 100%, please don't take it as gospel use your own judgement and be sensible about it.

I will try and update this summary as and when I get time.

The main pages to go to are as follows:-1

Page 1 - Daily Mail Link - Could Messi join City (its not as crazy as it sounds)

Well known poster - Rest Assured he is coming

Page 3 quote from another well known poster I've known him 7/8 months certainly that theres an informal agreement between Tixi and Messi's dad for him to join us.

Page 6 Again more information financing of the deal by commercial operations.

Page 7 Messi having English lessons

Page 9 is where you need to read carefully because it puts a lot more meat on the bones so to speak and also gives information as to certain posters who MAY have more information than the rest.

Page 11 More information relating to his release clause

Page 31 Well known poster writes we have been working on this deal since the Dos Amigo came on board last year I believe the first refusal agreement was reached not long before FA cup final.

Page 35 - Supposed transfer guru Francois Gallardo saying it could be us or Bayern.
A lawyer called Beppe Bozzo saying he could leave

Page 39 @Indykalia - we have made a bid for 110m this information supported by a well
know poster

City-watch - Zaba Messi has asked me a lot about City.

Page 41 The above quotes from Zaba found in a Guardian article.

Page 55 Fallout between Messi and Faus over contract

Page 55 Tweets from Rafael Hernandex a Barca fan

Page 63

Quote from Messi Mr Faus is a person that doesn't know anything about football etc etc.

Page 64 City monitoring Messi situation

Mundo Deportiva - Leo future is tied to Barca.

Page 65/66 - Yaya says he would love Messi at City

Page 67 - Full MEN article Messi's dad says he will stay at Barca and that apologies all round have been received and everyone have kissed and made up.

Page 76 - PSG to trigger 210m release clause.

Page 89 - Barcelona preparing to sell Messi - Duncan Castles see page 90, 91 for ITK update from TH no video.

Thanks for the effort put in to doing this Rammy.

Mods, can we have this thread stickied like the one over summer? Otherwise the cold hard facts get lost amongst the other threads.

Fantastic summary. I'd love it to happen like everyone else but I really do think some people are getting a little carried away here. I mean you are taking people's comments and known WUMs on Twitter as fact, when the most obvious fact and most credible piece of information is Messi's father saying he's not going anywhere. Now I think it's undisputed that Messi loves Barca, and will always have a special place in his heart for the club after all they did for him and his family as a kid. If Messi ever does leave Barca I think you'd have to look closely at his motivation. Now I don't believe a director could force messi out of the club. Frankly he's too powerful and too big a name for any director to do that. People will site Ronaldinho as an example but Messi's status within the club is much stronger and greater than Ronnie's ever was. I believe if Messi was ever being forced out then he would simply go public. The fans would revolt and the said director wouldn't be sticking around for very long. It also begs the question why would a director want to lose the best player in the world who is still in his prime? People have talked about legacy, well you don't build a legacy by diminishing the standard of the team. Again look at the Ronaldinho situation, he was sold, and replaced by an even better player - Messi. So does Rossell think Neymar is going to go on to be a better player? Does Messi have major injury concerns? Maybe but again I just can't see it.

Does it therefore boil down to Messi wanting a new challenge? This is the only credible theory I can see, and maybe Messi does want to challenge himself in a new league. Maybe he's sick of the press in Spain. On the flip side to this, and while Barca aren't quite the team they were under Pep, they are La Liga leaders, they play in front of the biggest European crowds, in a wonderful stadium, in a fantastic city. Who really can compete with them? I just don't know what teams can match Barca's status. For me there's only really Madrid and Bayern and I can't see him going to Madrid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Messi coming to us is like him dropping a league, but we aren't at Barca's level yet, either on or off the pitch. However maybe he wants to help us take the club to the next level. And of course we do have the Argentinean connection .

Either way I personally see it a major long shot! I can't see Messi going anywhere in the summer but hey, stranger things have happened in football.

bugsyblue said:
Fantastic summary. I'd love it to happen like everyone else but I really do think some people are getting a little carried away here. I mean you are taking people's comments and known WUMs on Twitter as fact, when the most obvious fact and most credible piece of information is Messi's father saying he's not going anywhere. Now I think it's undisputed that Messi loves Barca, and will always have a special place in his heart for the club after all they did for him and his family as a kid. If Messi ever does leave Barca I think you'd have to look closely at his motivation. Now I don't believe a director could force messi out of the club. Frankly he's too powerful and too big a name for any director to do that. People will site Ronaldinho as an example but Messi's status within the club is much stronger and greater than Ronnie's ever was. I believe if Messi was ever being forced out then he would simply go public. The fans would revolt and the said director wouldn't be sticking around for very long. It also begs the question why would a director want to lose the best player in the world who is still in his prime? People have talked about legacy, well you don't build a legacy by diminishing the standard of the team. Again look at the Ronaldinho situation, he was sold, and replaced by an even better player - Messi. So does Rossell think Neymar is going to go on to be a better player? Does Messi have major injury concerns? Maybe but again I just can't see it.

Does it therefore boil down to Messi wanting a new challenge? This is the only credible theory I can see, and maybe Messi does want to challenge himself in a new league. Maybe he's sick of the press in Spain. On the flip side to this, and while Barca aren't quite the team they were under Pep, they are La Liga leaders, they play in front of the biggest European crowds, in a wonderful stadium, in a fantastic city. Who really can compete with them? I just don't know what teams can match Barca's status. For me there's only really Madrid and Bayern and I can't see him going to Madrid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Messi coming to us is like him dropping a league, but we aren't at Barca's level yet, either on or off the pitch. However maybe he wants to help us take the club to the next level. And of course we do have the Argentinean connection .

Either way I personally see it a major long shot! I can't see Messi going anywhere in the summer but hey, stranger things have happened in football.
wonderful stadium?more like crumbling stadium. barca boys, kun , yaya, zabolta might change messi and your mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.