Summer exits...

whothefisAlice

As of this moment who do you all see as moving on in the summer?

Adebayor, Bridge, A.J, DZEKO (yes Edin Dzeko, that one), Pizarro loan ending, Hargreaves, and one of Milner or N.D.J.

I think Tevez stays, since nobody will cough up enough for him even if he doesn't say something along the lines of 'Oh I am a complete twat and I love it here now'.

I think Guidetti comes back and sits in as 3rd/4th striker, filling the Dzeko hole left. That is a WORLD CLASS hole to fill let it be known!

With Jimmy or Nigel moving on and Pizarro's loan deal ending, plus Hargreaves nowhere/gone, our midfield will be the major area in need of reinforcements (but this is not a transfer thread).

Also a little niggling feeling tells me that either Kolo or Kolarov are told to move on, or decide the rest of their careers (albeit at different stages) lay elsewhere, further clarifying our need for defensive reinforcements.

Have I missed any major ones? Can't be arsed with all the loan deals sometimes. Loan here loan there loan everywhere.

Can´t see AJ being around either, he´s not happy as a bench warmer.

edit that... just saw your AJ at the start of the post.
just got up, still sleepy

I think Tevez will defo go. Milner no way as he is a great utility player like zab. Kolarov will stay also for his attacking attributes. AJ is not professional enough for me and he needs to sort his head out before we can think of holding onto him. I really want Hazard though!!!!!!!!

The matchday squad regulars who need to go for me are Kolarov and Johnson. I'm undecided about Dzeko. He does score and offers something different - but he's missing too many chances. Imagine if we're a point behind U****d, it's 0-0 and the last chance in the last minute falls to him... Head in hands time.

We don't need to change too much in the team. There's no real weak link in my preferred starting XI and I'd just like replacements for those who do leave.

Even though i'm pretty sure that Adam Johnson signed a new contract i wouldn't be surprised if he called it 'quits' here ..... he's young , and no doubt friends will have told him he needs to be playing to be considered for England.

As you say the club will have to decide on Guidetti ...... he won't return to languish in Citys 'lesser' sides ....... it'll have to be a first team squad place for him (at least!) or nothing , by the looks of things.

And yes , the others you mention , will probably all be at risk , and especially as it looks like City player sales will be the 'preferred' option of getting any new players in that Mancini might want , in light of Platinis financial restrictions.

If Tevez goes and Dzeko goes then Guidetti is ripe for more first team opportunities. There'll be at least one new arrival but any ambitious footballer wants to play in the Premiership over the Dutch league.

All those fans who have suddenly discovered that they have principles and morals and are disgusted that one player may have helped us win the leauge!

GoalkeepersCostel Pantilimon (ROM) Joe Hart (ENG) Gunnar Nielsen (FAR) Stuart Taylor (ENG) DefendersDedryck Boyata* (BEL) Wayne Bridge* (ENG) Greg Cunningham* (IRE) Aleksandar Kolarov (SERB) Vincent Kompany (BEL) Gael Clichy (FRA) Joleon Lescott (ENG) Stefan Savic (MON) Micah Richards (ENG) Kolo Toure (CIV) Pablo Zabaleta (ARG) MidfieldersGareth Barry (ENG) Abdisalam Ibrahim* (NOR) Owen Hargreaves (ENG) Adam Johnson (ENG) Michael Johnson* (ENG) Nigel de Jong (NED) James Milner (ENG) Samir Nasri (FRA) David Pizarro (CHI) Abdul Razak* (CIV) David Silva (ESP) Yaya Toure (CIV) Vladimir Weiss* (SVK) StrikersEmmanuel Adebayor* (TGO) Mario Balotelli (IT) Edin Dzeko (BIH) Sergio Aguero (ARG) Roque Santa Cruz* (PRY) Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely* (ENG) Carlos Tevez (ARG)

Taken from official site.

Seems to me the following players have no future at our club.
Bridge
Ade
RSC

Whether sold or loaned out again no doubt they will not feature next season for us.

Released or sold

Cunningham
M Johnson
D Pizarro
O Hargreaves

Tevez? - I don't know whether the bridges have been repaired enough for there to be a complete about turn on him.

From the above we do not need to sell any of the others but we do need to fill the ranks will quality midfield players. From a defensive point of view we have two quality right backs in Zab and Micah, two left backs Clichy and Kolorov, and with the return of Boyata we will have five centre backs six if you include Micah as stand in. I don't believe we need any further reinforcements in this area unless we sell someone and need a replacement. Striker wise I believe it will depend on Tevez. If he goes he could simply bring back Guidetti and use the money to strengthen midfield alternatively it could be the marquee signing such as RVP.

BluePurgatory said:
All those fans who have suddenly discovered that they have principles and morals and are disgusted that one player may have helped us win the leauge!

You could argue he'd have helped us win the league had he played at Sunderland or West Brom this season. Those matches were crying out for his input and drive. We got 1 point in those two matches and we should've had 4 minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.