Summer exits...

Dax777 said:
Silvex said:
LoveCity said:
DDR should have joined us in January when we wanted him, he could have helped us a lot in the run-in! I'm sure I read there is no cheap get-out clause in his new contract but maybe I'm mistaken. I'd still love him at the club, we need more fighters like him who also happen to be top quality. But that ship has probably sailed now.

We would've won it already with him :(.
If that ship has sailed already then we need to find another deep-lying play-maker preferably a young one so he'll be here for years to come.
A few possibilities:
Marco Estrada
Claudio Maschisio
Luca Cigarini
Benat Ukriaga

I know marchisio. Who the hell are the others?

mancityscot said:
Dax777 said:
Silvex said:
If that ship has sailed already then we need to find another deep-lying play-maker preferably a young one so he'll be here for years to come.
A few possibilities:
Marco Estrada
Claudio Maschisio
Luca Cigarini
Benat Ukriaga

Estrada is a Chilean who plays for Montpellier. A bit like left footed Pizarro. Great passer, good with free kicks and corners like Pizarro, can ping balls like Pizzaro but not as good though. But better shooter from long range (something lots of BMers have complained about us not doing enough).

Cigarini has been reffered to as the next Pirlo. Great long ball passer and general midfield maestro. Not really Pirlo good, but very capable. Has the added advanrage of being a fiesty tackler- A bit like DDR.

Benat is the CM from Real Betis. Always the best player on the pitch when Betis plays. I think he is a mixture of Xavi and Pizarro. Likes to control the game with his passing and movement. Might frustrate BMer's with his ball control instinct. Kinda like how many derided Nasri for keeping possession early in the season. I think he is just as good as Pizarro with the long pass, albeit at a lower level. I think all for are fantastic options.

We shouldn't be looking for superstars at all positions. As a matter of fact I think the label of superstar often clouds reality. Messi and Ronaldo are superstars coz they are ultra dominant. Everyone else is a bit below that, and sometimes a small name is just as good if he fits well. See Valencia at United and compare to Berbatov. One came as a superstar, the other as a good role player. Guess who is more important to the squad..

We need more players like Cabaye, Parker, e.t.c. Well rounded players who come in to be a role player and not a superstar.

For example, that is how I view Javi Martinez, even though he is viewed like a superstar on BM. I see him as more of a well rounded footballer who could help us revolutionize the CD position. He or Vertonghen.

mancityscot said:
Dax777 said:
Silvex said:
A few possibilities:
Marco Estrada
Claudio Maschisio
Luca Cigarini
Benat Ukriaga

In short, they are hidden gems in FM

This is promising, note the bold...

-

Roque Santa Cruz has confirmed that he is hoping he can remain at Real Betis beyond the end of this season.

The Paraguay striker has spent the season on loan with Betis in La Liga from Manchester City.

He has performed well and has bagged six goals in 14 starts for the Seville-based side.

But Santa Cruz still has two years remaining on his contract at the Etihad Stadium and he admits his future remains in the hands of City.

"I have spoken with the club [Betis] and everything is clear," he told Punto Radio.

"On the economic issue we have talked and would be happy with a deal.

"But the key opinion is that of Manchester City, and clubs in England will not talk until the end of the season.

"City will decide my future and that is the main question."

Santa Cruz's current deal is worth a reported £1.2million per-season and at present City are believed to be paying 30 per cent of his wages.

LoveCity said:

-

Roque Santa Cruz has confirmed that he is hoping he can remain at Real Betis beyond the end of this season.

The Paraguay striker has spent the season on loan with Betis in La Liga from Manchester City.

He has performed well and has bagged six goals in 14 starts for the Seville-based side.

But Santa Cruz still has two years remaining on his contract at the Etihad Stadium and he admits his future remains in the hands of City.

"I have spoken with the club [Betis] and everything is clear," he told Punto Radio.

"But the key opinion is that of Manchester City, and clubs in England will not talk until the end of the season.

Santa Cruz's current deal is worth a reported £1.2million per-season and at present City are believed to be paying 30 per cent of his wages.
Exchange him for Benat Ukriaga and we have a deal :)

-- Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 pm --

pudge said:
mancityscot said:
Dax777 said:
A few possibilities:
Marco Estrada
Claudio Maschisio
Luca Cigarini
Benat Ukriaga

Ah! isn't it my good friend Pudge. He who thinks I need a life. He who thinks I am weird to watch games over. He who thinks I need to get out more. Yet he spends his time following me around and ridiculing me. The irony :)

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:

-

pudge said:
mancityscot said:
Ah! isn't it my good friend Pudge. He who thinks I need a life. He who thinks I am weird to watch games over. He who thinks I need to get out more. Yet he spends his time following me around and ridiculing me. The irony :)

Good friend? No wonder you have many enemies ;) No?
What makes you special?
You know you are not the only one Pudge the Fudge is stalking :)

Dax777 said:
BlueBilly said:
Am I the only person who thinks Thiago Silva is vastly overrated?
Well last year, he was perhaps one of the top 3 CD's in football. He just like Kompany has not been as good this year. So if you think Kompany is the best CD in the prem, a position 99% od BM holds (myself included) then he too is equally as overrated as SIlva. Who too is not having as stellar of a season has he did the last 2 or 3 years.

So it is a function of what you are talking about. If it is present performance, sure he is overrated. If it is recent historic performances, well he has been one of the best around in the past.

I have my 'theory' of why VK is 'off the boil'.
A number of us are reluctant to wade in and provide objective analysis and scrutinized his performances.

As you said 'cause and effect' syndrome.
Be careful to back it up with stats and facts else Pudgee (erroneously and paranoid off course) will vilified you for having a 'personal vendetta' against VK.

blueprint said:
Dax777 said:
BlueBilly said:
Am I the only person who thinks Thiago Silva is vastly overrated?
Well last year, he was perhaps one of the top 3 CD's in football. He just like Kompany has not been as good this year. So if you think Kompany is the best CD in the prem, a position 99% od BM holds (myself included) then he too is equally as overrated as SIlva. Who too is not having as stellar of a season has he did the last 2 or 3 years.

So it is a function of what you are talking about. If it is present performance, sure he is overrated. If it is recent historic performances, well he has been one of the best around in the past.

I have my 'theory' of why VK is 'off the boil'.
A number of us are reluctant to wade in and provide objective analysis and scrutinized his performances.

As you said 'cause and effect' syndrome.
Be careful to back it up with stats and facts else Pudgee (erroneously and paranoid off course) will vilified you for having a 'personal vendetta' against VK.

This is the funniest thing ive read on this forum. The team plays more offensive football this year. Usually entailing a man less in the midfield, with only one player holding and quite often with Silva and Nasri in a 4 man midfield. Last year we looked more solid defensively because we had 2 holding midfielders with Yaya in front of them. Kompany personally has been every bit as good as he was last season. Cant think of a better centre back anywhere in the world right now. The problem he has is that he is the entire back 4. Without him that defence falls apart and hes often having to cover for richards and clichy who are caught out time and time again positionally. This year we have missed De Jong badly when we dont have the ball.

With regards to the thread, i would like to see all of the following players leave in the summer:

Bridge, Kolo Toure, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Savic, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Kolarov.

Due to: Attitude with Balotelli and Adebayor. Tevez requires no further explanation. And the rest are not good enough.

blueprint said:
Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:

-

pudge said:

Good friend? No wonder you have many enemies ;) No?
What makes you special?
You know you are not the only one Pudge the Fudge is stalking :)
To be fair to Dax777, it was more a tongue in cheek comment, as I'm starting to warm to him as a poster.

Whereas you blueprint, you are single handedly the weirdest and most deluded poster on this forum. And that takes some doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.