Summer sale

herrock

Our starting line up this season is shaping up to look something like this,
Hart
Zaba Kompany Nasty Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Silva
Aguero Negredo

Maybe add Jovetic to this and we have a hell of a squad.

The 7 subs could be, Pantilimon, Micah, Rodwell, Lescott, Jovetic/Navas, Nasri, Milner.

This leaves Barry,Garcia, Sinclair, Dzeko, Razak. Kolarov, Maicon, Guidetti, and Suarez , in limbo.
It sounds like Maicon could be off to Roma ,Lescott could also be sold if he wants out, and a replacement brought in, but who else is sold and who goes out on loan is going to be interesting.

Dzeko gone if we get both Jovetic and Negredo, Garcia to be a squad player unless he leaves on a last-minute loan later in the summer, I think Razak and Suarez have parts to play this season, not counting just playing injury time whilst up 3 goals.

You can't have an 18 man squad, you need the extra players. Just because they aren't on the bench every week doesn't mean they are "in limbo".

BigOscar said:
You can't have an 18 man squad, you need the extra players. Just because they aren't on the bench every week doesn't mean they are "in limbo".

Yes, but at least 5 of those players are not going to want to stay around if they are not involved in the squad. Outside the 18 I imagine the likes of Lopes and George Evans will be used.

I imagine Kolarov, Sinclair, Maicon will all be sold. Could also see Barry leaving as we have so many CM (Fernandinho, Yaya, Rodwell, Garcia, Razak plus Milner can play there) although his wages will stumbling block. The other two players who been linked with leaving are Dzeko and Lescott but I can see both staying as I can't see any team matching their wages.

herrock said:
BigOscar said:

Yes, but at least 5 of those players are not going to want to stay around if they are not involved in the squad. Outside the 18 I imagine the likes of Lopes and George Evans will be used.

Bullshit. When are we going to stop with the concept that we must be appeasing players by playing them if they simply aren't good enough. Most managers want to rotate the squad. But if the players on the fringe are showing themselves then they won't play. We should sign every player with the dream of them wanting to play in our first XI. If they don't make then we ship it out.

Players like Scott Sinclair seems to have this attitude. The lad looked like an athletic freak of nature at the end of the year, but he simply couldn't break in. I didn't hear any moaning about it to the press. He knows that starting for us is an honor. T

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.