Sunderland fans better than City fans?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
You don't win trophies for being the best fans Gus.......

Were they the best and when a huge 16000 of them turned up for their 5th round match in the FA cup when we had 47000 the same weekend! Who won that round Gus?

They were giddy in London before the game, quite noisy at the beginning but once they scored for me they went quiet as they thought they might win.

We were shit first half but noisy second.

They edged it for number on the day but let's wait and see what happens if they get to a Semi in the cup. Bet there won't be quite the same clamour for tickets then.....

Can`t argue with that reasoning MWV,well said.

Fuck me, what bitterness! And people have a go at United fans.

Enjoy it whilst it last lads, you might be on the receiving end once more before some guy attaches a label to your big toe.

I've got a bit of a bugbear with all this Sunderland love in that's been going on. It started off when three Mackems walked in to our hotel bar after 11pm on Saturday night and started going on about us being the only City fans they'd seen all night and how they took London, well all of Covent Garden apparently. I told them how we'd all done that a few years ago but having made the trip on numerous occasions since we now tend to stick to certain areas for ease of the journey in and out and that there was just as many Blues knocking around if you happened to look in the right places. Three hours later we all trudged off to bed having had a good drink and a laugh together wishing each other the very best. The only supporter who was pissed off was the wife as I drunkenly stumbled around at 2am in the hotel bedroom trying to get into bed.

After the game all I heard was how great and proud the Sunderland fans were and a credit to their club. I presume this was because they turned up supported their club, wore their colours, sang their hearts out, stood behind to watch us lift the cup and then mingled with Blues after the game shaking hands etc. Well when I last looked we also brought the same number of fans, sang our hearts out, supported the club, mingled with their supporters without causing trouble and I have no doubt the majority of Blues would have also stood and applauded them should they have won the cup in much the same way as we did with Wigan.

So I don't buy this Sunderland fans were unbelievably good, both sets of supporters were and showed how a final should be. Infact the only club I can't say that about over our recent Wembley trips was the Rags. Both sets of supporters were brilliant and it was a pleasure meeting many of them over a great weekend and I wish them all the best for their relegation fight and hopefully we can do it all over again with them in May.

I've stopped taking photos when I get off the tube but instead head for the bar. I walked down Wembley Way against the Rags and Stoke but haven't since and as we're always on the other side of Wembley Way I always think it looks more full of the opposing fans colours.

I remember back to the semi final against the rags..........................city fans totally dominated the day - out sung them, out passioned them, out fucking played them - and just 'outed' them in every single way - with the added incentive of it being a derby. I remember how we took over Munich at the beerfest. That is how sunderland fans felt.

For Sunderland, this was not just a cup final - it was their chance to experience what all the clubs outside the top 2-3 want to do - take in the opportunity as if is there last breath or knowing that the final was the last 24 hours they were going to experience before the world blows up. When are they realistically going to see that kind of occassion again? Probabaly if they survive relegation on the last day of the season.............

Credit to the mackems - they lived their dream to the full and now its back to the reality of trying to not get relegated. If they had not out sung and out partied us, there would have been something wrong.

But what makes a great fan ? a 50 year old bloke in a replica shirt, jesters hat and a half n half ?

Poyet is just bigging up his own fans as you would expect. Let him have his column inches. Good luck to them.

oakiecokie said:
dobobobo said:
Fuck me, what bitterness! And people have a go at United fans.

Enjoy it whilst it last lads, you might be on the receiving end once more before some guy attaches a label to your big toe.

Who rattled your cage Raggy ?

Fans who have a go at other fans just because a manager speak positively of his own fans.

Name me one time when Sunderland fans as a majority did something against City. E.g. boo players, sing shit songs about City fans, etc.

I can give you one for City, fans booing Barcelona players the other week simply because they were the better team.

I didn't go to the match, but it looked like it was a great day out for both fans on both side. Plus, if it was possible to do a survey, I would put good money on a large portion of Sunderland fans having to stayover in a hotel the night before but City fans traveled down in the early morn.

Oh and we had a fairly easy cup run. Sunderland beat Chelsea and United to get to the final with a new manager and desperate to get out of the bottom three.

Manager claiming his clubs fans are the best shocker.

I'd be surprised if you searched the archives of The Brighton and Hove Messenger over the last few years, you didn't read of him saying Brighton fans were the best in the world, at some point.

It's hardly a reason to get upset is it?

Blue2112 said:
I've got a bit of a bugbear with all this Sunderland love in that's been going on. It started off when three Mackems walked in to our hotel bar after 11pm on Saturday night and started going on about us being the only City fans they'd seen all night and how they took London, well all of Covent Garden apparently. I told them how we'd all done that a few years ago but having made the trip on numerous occasions since we now tend to stick to certain areas for ease of the journey in and out and that there was just as many Blues knocking around if you happened to look in the right places. Three hours later we all trudged off to bed having had a good drink and a laugh together wishing each other the very best. The only supporter who was pissed off was the wife as I drunkenly stumbled around at 2am in the hotel bedroom trying to get into bed.

After the game all I heard was how great and proud the Sunderland fans were and a credit to their club. I presume this was because they turned up supported their club, wore their colours, sang their hearts out, stood behind to watch us lift the cup and then mingled with Blues after the game shaking hands etc. When I last looked we also brought the same number of fans, sang our hearts out, supported the club, mingled with their supporters without causing trouble and I have no doubt the majority of Blues would have also stood and applauded them should they have won the cup in much the same way as we did with Wigan.

So I don't buy this Sunderland fans were unbelievably good, both sets of supporters were and showed how a final should be. Infact the only club I can't say that about over our recent Wembley trips was the Rags. Both sets of supporters were brilliant and it was a pleasure meeting many of them over a great weekend and I wish them all the best for their relegation fight and hopefully we can do it all over again with them in May.

Agree with this, both sets of fans were great, respectful to each other and had a good time together. Both were a credit to football and how fans should be. We both have neighbours who are the opposite of this. We possibly made more of the occasion on the Saturday as it was the first time we had been in 16 years, and god knows when we will be back so most made a whole weekend of it, you have had that experience and with the quality you have is probably going to be an annual (if not more regular) appearance, you also have Europe to enjoy these days.. we never have. So yes, I think we did maybe make more of an event of it over the weekend. But immediately before, during and after the match, both were a credit to their clubs and to football, and there was no difference and utterly pointless to compare. just enjoy the fact we both have good fans who know how to enjoy it with other football fans. It was class from both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.