Sunderland

Fantastic. So glad to see the Mackems win at Wembley at last. Congratulations Stockport Mackem particularly. I can remember 73 very clearly - I was 7 years old...Jim Montgomery, Dave Watson, Ritchie Pitt, Bobby Kerr, one Dennis Tueart ...

Now for promotion. Come on Sunlun.

Last edited:
My second club. Fantastic people up there and tremendous supporters.
Typical plastic. Jumping on the bandwagon;))
My memory isn't what it was but what year was it when I think we sent them down was it last match off the season.Thousands of Mackems in the Platt lane iirc. Remember being in the Sherwood with them having a laugh. Top support that day.

You're a star mate...thankyou...
I was 6 months old when we beat Leeds....
I know this isn't the FA cup...but that's where we are..celebration time
Hope you celebrated in style SM.

I am far from a star mate just dust in the wind as they say and given our age difference will be that dust while you hopefully enjoy a Premiership title or two before we join up in football heaven.

Typical plastic. Jumping on the bandwagon;))
My memory isn't what it was but what year was it when I think we sent them down was it last match off the season.Thousands of Mackems in the Platt lane iirc. Remember being in the Sherwood with them having a laugh. Top support that day.
1991, think this was the last huge away following in the old Platt Lane. We won 3-2, important day for us, Quinn hit 20 league goals and we finished above our neighbours in 5th, sadly for the Mackems the result confirmed their relegation but they had great support that day.

Anybody who watched the documentaries on Sunderland must be pleased to see something go right for them. Had some great trips up there over the years and 3 of us spent an amazing afternoon and evening in central London with thousands of them after our lunchtime kick off at Fulham in 2019, before one of their Wembley games that year - they know how to piss it up and no mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.