Sunni/Shia Muslims.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Shias say it's a barm while Sunnis say it's a muffin.

I know that's obviously a piss take comment but it kind of highlights the fucking problem with religions. A slight difference in who believes what and all hell breaks loose, it's as if they just want to fall out and kill one another.

What's the fucking point at all?

mcmanus said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I know that's obviously a piss take comment but it kind of highlights the fucking problem with religions. A slight difference in who believes what and all hell breaks loose, it's as if they just want to fall out and kill one another.

If we could answer that question we'd be fucking laughing.

Not happening in our lifetime.

mcmanus said:
Ducado said:
This explains it better than I ever could

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.religionnews.com/2014/06/13/sunni-vs-shiite-primer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.religionnews.com/2014/06/13/ ... te-primer/</a>

Just read that link.

Q: What is at the root of their conflict?

A: Basically, Sunnis and Shiites differ on who should have succeeded Muhammad after his death in 632. Sunnis supported the succession of Abu Bakr, the prophet’s friend; Shiite Muslims felt the rightful successor was the prophet’s son-in-law and cousin, Ali bin Abu Talib.

Religion is fucking warped.

Incorrect; the minds of Humans are warped.

Humans can find arguments in the smallest of things and people will take sides in that argument. Who is the best striker? ...the best leader? ...muffin or barm? etc, etc., etc... The 'wars' in Moss Side started over a girl, for another example. One idiot starts a fight, the fight get more and more serious til someone dies and then people start dying full stop over someone/ something so small and insignificant.

This is the same situation, in effect.

Religion is not the main cause of this conflict.

Prestwich_Blue said:

May as well be the answer to be honest. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it actually started because Dave wanted a Guinness and Paul got him a Stella instead.

Ducado said:
This explains it better than I ever could

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.religionnews.com/2014/06/13/sunni-vs-shiite-primer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.religionnews.com/2014/06/13/ ... te-primer/</a>

Nice read that

It seems professor Dawkins has infiltrated the comments page under the guise of Atheist Max!!!

mcmanus said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

As someone said, it might as well be the reason. I know the Jewish religion better and there you get one rabbi who says you should cut your sandwiches diagonally, another who says you should cut them straight and another who says you shouldn't cut them at all, all based on a diferent interpretation of a sentence in the Bible.

Weak people use religion to settle all manner of old scores.
"they did this to us a thousand years ago", " yeah but they did that to us first", "but our god is the one true god" yadda yadda yadda.
I wish all the cunts would just grow the fuck up and leave the sane people alone but they won't.

Religion is fucked up. Read the info on the link, still non the wiser.
Which ones are the more likely to be terrorists and blow themselves up / behead someone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.