Super League Protest Saturday 3pm

They have:-

From the 1894 Group tonight

1894 Breaks Off Relationship With The Club

We had a committee meeting tonight. We will tonight ask the club to not display our banners for the foreseeable future at City matches.

We propose that donations received into 1894 would be used to protest / challenge this decision by the club and not to be used on displays.

We would like Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano - people at that level to come out and explain to fans what's going on, give an explanation and not hide behind quotes from the Glazers on our website.

We want to know who has been involved in discussions on behalf of the club and who has signed off on this.

It's not good enough to say other club owners are behind it. Our owners have made that call.

We'd like to know what the players think of this.

Whilst we would take a call from anyone at the club if they wish to speak to us and explain what is going, we would want them to go public and speak to fans and until this betrayal is reversed then we have no real reason to deal with the club and we urge the club to consider they are going to lose the fans over this.

A reminder of what Sheikh Mansour said in his open letter to City fans in 2008 :

"...we will absolutely spend time listening to you the fans about what you think about the future of the club. We are very aware that without you there would not be a club to buy and your voice will be heard by the organisation at the highest level."

"...we will act always in the best interests of the club and of all its stakeholders but especially you the fans."

www.weare1894.co.uk/membership
Since when do you need donations for a protest unless they plan on bringing another muppet show banner along. Unfortunately these lot seem to have a big presence in our fanbase, im not against organised fan groups but them lot have been about as useless as stephen hawkings treadmill over the years always bending over for the club because their scared theyll take their flags away if they don't

Anyone know if there is any petitions doing the rounds? I emailed the club to voice my concerns but I doubt it will get anywhere, just wanted to try and do something as I am not local anymore.

Imagine on Sunday - the players take the knee; the ref blows for kick off; then ........
They don't kick off. They just walk off. Raise a can of Carabou drink to please the sponsors, then, continue off the pitch.
Both sets of players can make such an amazing stand on behalf of both clubs, and the wider football family.

Last edited:
Good luck lads and lasses but it is going to be a futile exercise. The board isn't going to listen.

Imagine on Sunday - the players take the knee; the ref blows for kick off; then ........
They don't kick off. They just walk off. Raise a can of Carabou drink to please the sponsors, then, continue off the pitch.
Both sets of players can make such an amazing stand on behalf of both clubs, and the wider football family.
The scousers could have made a statement tonight and worn them t shirts Leeds kindly donated, but it “angered” Klopp and they stuck 2 more fingers up, can’t see us or Spurs doing anything, possibly for the same hidden agenda.
Hate saying this but The FA or EFL should cancel the fixture....sadly as Ratboy said tonight, but that won’t happen in my opinion the Cartel we have joined is probably too powerful and richer as a cartel than UEFA and the FA, they would have lawyers all over such a decision.
The best way to protest would be for the 2k from us and Spurs to fill Wembley with banners and start the protest that way, I suspect your cockneys could well be planning something big for Sunday a mass March on Wembley could be a good start, albeit I fear it could/will turn out to be full blown riot, can’t condone such behaviour but would create good media coverage

we could end up seeing something on the scale of the Poll Tax riots, I’d also fear for our 2 k if something went off on Sunday, with emotions running high your average Neanderthal will find it hard to reason fans of city don’t want this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.