SuperLeague 2014 Playoffs.

Special thanks to city SAINT and HAYDOCKboy for their impartial view and analysis on this matter ;-)

Only just found out my nephew Danny sculthorpe. Was on the independent disciplinary board, ,chaired by High Court Judge Chris Batty and assisted by former players Danny Sculthorpe and Neil Turley.Danny was a bit of a dirty player who could also lose his cool bigtime.I think the punishment was fair in light of the cowardly 2nd punch.

city saint said:
Blue Punter said:
blueinsa said:

Looking at the RFL rules, I can't see how it can be anything but an E-F: "Running in & punching - opponent off guard"
It's also difficult to argue that it doesn't fall under the RL umbrella of violence:

2.3.2 Violence
- No place for acts of intentional violence or thuggery.
- Includes head butting, vicious attacks with fists, intentional high tackles, kicking a prone opponent, an assault on an opponent from behind, gouging.
- Unprovoked violent assaults punished severely & period suspensions considered.

I think 4-6 games is probably a bit lenient. Sinfield would probably have got 3 (less 1 for an EPG) for his headbutt on Luke Dorn.
In defence of Flower, the bit about being provoked seems to have been overlooked in this instance. For that reason I'd say 8-10 would be more applicable.

Each to their own though.
the thing is hohia was the one provoked as flower clouted him in the back of the head in back play no one seems to have seen this.that was the reason he ran at flower stupid as it was.

That hardly paints Hohia in a better light does it?

That shows that he acted out of revenge and set out to hurt Flower rather than react straight away. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning Flower's 2nd cowardly punch, but at least his was during a moment of red mist.

If anything Hohia should have received a lengthier ban for the forearm smash which could have seriously injured Flower.

city91 said:
city saint said:
Blue Punter said:
Looking at the RFL rules, I can't see how it can be anything but an E-F: "Running in & punching - opponent off guard"
It's also difficult to argue that it doesn't fall under the RL umbrella of violence:

I think 4-6 games is probably a bit lenient. Sinfield would probably have got 3 (less 1 for an EPG) for his headbutt on Luke Dorn.
In defence of Flower, the bit about being provoked seems to have been overlooked in this instance. For that reason I'd say 8-10 would be more applicable.

Each to their own though.
the thing is hohia was the one provoked as flower clouted him in the back of the head in back play no one seems to have seen this.that was the reason he ran at flower stupid as it was.

That hardly paints Hohia in a better light does it?

That shows that he acted out of revenge and set out to hurt Flower rather than react straight away. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning Flower's 2nd cowardly punch, but at least his was during a moment of red mist.

If anything Hohia should have received a lengthier ban for the forearm smash which could have seriously injured Flower.
he did react straight away and chased flower which I agree was stupid and would have got him 10 mins,what followed has got him a long ban and rightly so.everyone likes a bit of biff but the second punch crossed the line which is why there has been such an outcry in the press etc.he can have no complaints and hohia also deserves his one game ban.

Fair do's to the rugby boys.
They don't fuck about on or off the field.
A serious ban only 4 days after the event and the player takes it on the chin (yes the pun was intended).
I simply cannot imagine the equivalent scenario in the world of premiership football.

ste1969 said:
Only just found out my nephew Danny sculthorpe. Was on the independent disciplinary board, ,chaired by High Court Judge Chris Batty and assisted by former players Danny Sculthorpe and Neil Turley.Danny was a bit of a dirty player who could also lose his cool bigtime.I think the punishment was fair in light of the cowardly 2nd punch.

No offence, Ste....but Danny Sculthorpe was a grub on the pitch. His brother was too but that can be overlooked as he was a top player and he was as tough as teak too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.